Today I am mostly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I am mostly...

VERY happy - I've just booked the outbound flights for Vegas in April next year for our wedding.

Now all I have to do is work out a car hire, and decide when we'll have to come back, where from and find a flight! (ah, and find a wedding venue etc etc...)

So far it's Vegas 8th April to 13th, take a slow drive to San Francisco, spend a few days there, drive down the coast to LA, spend time there with various friends that we did or didn't see in Vegas, and then fly home on the 27th April, and anything else we can fit in as well...

Phew, it's amazing what you can achieve when you're up all night being ill on and off!
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Congratulations on your marriage-to-be!

I may have mentioned this before, but I lived in Las Vegas for almost seven years (yes, I realize it's hard to believe that people actually live there ), so it's one of my favorite cities... plus I was married there myself.
    Steve

Comment

Congrats and we hope you have a great time and everything goes as planned

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
        Congratulations on your marriage-to-be!

I may have mentioned this before, but I lived in Las Vegas for almost seven years (yes, I realize it's hard to believe that people actually live there ), so it's one of my favorite cities... plus I was married there myself.
        Do you have any advice for where to do the evil deed, I'm kind of bogged down with websites full of tacky looking weddings, that REALLY aren't our style!
        (Elvis weddings aren't an option for various reasons!)
        HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Well... my wife and I got married at the Rio. It was quiet, quick, and more dignified than the "drive-thru" options we saw everywhere.

Bonus - as we were walking out the door, my bride in her gown and me in my tux, some fat-cat in a suit walked by, offered his congrats, and stuffed two crisp $100 notes into my hand. I can only guess he was having a good night at the craps tables. Anyway, it paid for a nice dinner with Champagne.

But the true "evil deed" didn't come until the end of the night.
          Last edited by NorthernWiner; 23-10-2008, 06:57 PM.
          Steve

Comment

Oo - too much information!

Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Make sure you allow time to visit Yosemite National Park.

Oh, and a day in Death Valley - unbelievable place!
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

So where and what time lush can I bring a few of my buddies
                http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                  So where and what time lush can I bring a few of my buddies
                  Feel free! The more the merrier! It's probably going to be on the 11th April - venue to be decided still.

We land in Vegas on the 8th, but if previous years are anything to go by, we'll stay up all night drinking with the other English people who are all equally awake from the time difference (8 hours for us!) so the 9th isn't really an option, and the 10th is Good Friday...

Decisions....
                  HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Working...
                  X