Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank fees world wide or limited to North America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank fees world wide or limited to North America?

I am getting a little tired of the numerious bank fees. You name it, the banks seem to have bank fee for it.

Are bank fees as prevalent in U.K?

ie. are you charged for using an ATM machine?

JC
    Last edited by jcnoren; 06-11-2008, 03:20 AM.

Originally posted by jcnoren View Post
    I am getting a little tired of the numerious bank fees. You name it, the banks seem to have bank fee for it.

Are bank fees as prevalent in U.K?

ie. are you charge for using an ATM machine?

JC
    JC:

Go to your neighbourhood Superstore, and look for the Presidents Choice Financial Pavilion. I haven't paid bank fees in many years, and like you, I live in Canada. You can use any CIBC ATM for free with your PC debit card. I didn't even pay fees when I had my business cause I used a PC account.

Also look into HSBC, they have some free accounts.

Steve
    the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
    "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

I have checking, savings, online, atm, debit card, etc. and do not pay any fees at all.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Banking here in the UK is mostly free. If you use an ATM owned by a bank there is normally no fee envolved. BUT ATM's owned by private companys make horrendous charges for the pleasure of using their facilities. Once you step out of line with the banks ie go over your overdraft limit, they stack very heavy charges on you.
        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Sounds like the same here.

We have some queens also, but not like yours.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

we have those too!
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks I actually do have a PC account, however they do not handle US Dollars. When I travel I like to have US funds.

So I was forced to go to another bank. When I went to exchange US back to Canadian, the bank tried to ding me with $6.00 charge because I wanted the Canadian funds in the form of a draft. Inorder to avoid the charge I had to take the money in cash. Go figure.

JC
              Last edited by jcnoren; 06-11-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Yep, I hate that, as if it costs something to hit the enter key and send it to another account.

Freddie is one of my heroes, he don't count !

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                X