Fun Fun Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fun Fun

Karl and I emptied our freezers and we defrosted and pressed quite a lot of fruit today......

Ended up with 60 litres of apple juice to which was added 1 gallon of elderflower cordial.
    And 30 litres of pear juice. To which was added 1/2 gal elderflower cordial

I have split my 30 litres of apple juice into a batch of apple at 17 litres, pitched Lalvin D47 in

And the other 13 litres I added about 500ml barolo grape concentrate and 2 litres chardonnay concentrate (hoping for a nice rose) and pitched Lalvin K1V-1116

The pear and elderflower is sitting with Lalvin D47 in it also (I may carbonate some of these batches)

life is good

I also bottled 2 gallons of rather yummy porter (three bottles of which have had raspberry essence added...matches with the chocolate malt nicely)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

And fun it was too, top banana, was like a mini grapefest (without the grapes of course) and errm other people, but we had fun and processed some good juice.
    For any one who has easy access to apples and pears and has freezer space to store them... freezing and pressing is the way to go.
    We have gathered nearly as much juice as we had in fruit gallon for gallon, the pulp results in more like dried prunes.
    Also if last year is to go by, I'tll result in some damn good wine.... top banana !!
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Can you see this message lockwood

Just checking you havent put me on ignore

Comment

Eye we can see yer message dude, Bob doesn't ignore any members, remember he gets a **** load of private messages and can't respond to all at the same time. Take it easy on the tokes an check in tomorrow dude!
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Sorry Duff

Comment

It gets worse as people PM him him with useless stuff just to take his time up.

It takes me nearly as long as signing up as a spammer for him to delete 20 times a day.

(joke... I don't really do this. well, not too often.. )

Rich

EDIT: And, Bob doesn't ignore people. no matter how odd/interesting the question can be. I asked enough of them, so long as it's about wine or brass bands
            Last edited by Rich; 01-12-2008, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I've had a couple of days bottle washing and racking....

not been online much this week
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
              X