Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSNBot Spider

Hello Everyone,

Has anybody else noticed an MSNBot Spider in who's on line, occaisionally i have noticed that in the user name there is a guest called MSNBot Spider but they don't seem to be a member of the forum, the guest are noted as guest but with exception for MSNBot Spider. Are they just searching for information to use and help various search engines?

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Yes Axl, I've noticed it. A bit scary I thought. I'm more suspicious than you and I wondered if it was some sort of virus? Anyway, it was the spider thing that scared me.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Hey Mamgiowl,

I'm sure its nothing to worry about, but would like some reassurance from the people in the know ( the computer boffins of this site)

Comment

Yes, I'm sure it's nothing sinister really. I'm absolutely ignorant when it comes to competers, but having once got a virus I really don't want another. It was extremely annoying and very expensive to put right.
        Let's party

Comment

Yes, I'm sure it's nothing sinister really. I'm absolutely ignorant when it comes to computers, but having once got a virus I really don't want another. It was extremely annoying and very expensive to put right.
          Let's party

Comment

Oooops! what happened there? I was only correcting a typing mistake. Told you I was stoopid didn't I?
            Let's party

Comment

The spiders are everywhere on the web, the only reason you see them here is that I enabled the bit that lets you see them, they are automated web trawlers, nothing to worry about....not a virus or anything nasty.

regards
              bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Phew!
                Let's party

Comment

Thanks, Bob! It's good to be in the know.
                  Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
                  Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

Thanks bob

Comment

If you want to see how this works, put your screen name into the MSN or Google search engine. It should return several hits referrencing this website.

One second of our 15 minutes of fame!

Pat

Comment

Working...
                      X