No announcement yet.

How did YOU get into brewing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid we had an amazing big abundant Elder at the bottom of our garden, I never really noticed it until I had left home and was on a visit to see the old un'. Duly picked a load of berries, jumped in headfirst without any proper equipment, sanitation or research and failed miserably.

Fast forward 5 years, tried a few uninspiring kits. Had equipment languishing in the cupboard.

Happened upon masses of Elderberries, Blackberries and Sloes,did a bit more reasearch and tried again. This time the results were pleasant and I decided that I should investigate further.

Found this forum and..... I don't think I'll be buying much if any wine in bottles anytime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by modofodo View Post
      found this forum and..... I don't think i'll be buying much if any wine in bottles anytime soon!

result!
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        And how many gold medals has your wine taken to this point?
        Three, I think
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

My grandad used to make beer when I was a kid and my mum told us many stories of all the wine he'd make when she was a kid. He got me into it, and I tip my hat to him every batch I make...

Comment

more than 25 years of H/B

My dad started me,he used Boots beer kit's back in the 70's.
            I would pick berrys for the wine,like elderberrys,blackberrys and raspberrys.
            I now have over 40 gal's of wine on the go, and 3 barrels of beer, (120 pints)
            cheers for now.
            when your the net.

Comment

Working...
            X