Grow your own drugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow your own drugs.

Did anyone else see the progamme? I would like to make my Mum a hop pillow but now sure where to get them from. Can you buy dried hops from home brew shops?

Yes you can buy dried hops, if not from a home brew shop most pagan/wiccan shops sell them or hebalists. I also add lavender to some of those I make.

Growing your own hops for them is a good idea if you have the space as the fresh ones IMHO are nicer esp if you choose an aromatic type.

I hope to take cuttings or layer mine this year so if you wanted a plant I'll try & oblige or I can suggest some suppliers
    see www.tinyurl.com/grow-hops

Comment

Didn't see that, but I understood from reading around the net that hop pillows are best if they contain both hops and lavender
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Layering is always best for vine type plants, gives much better results than cuttings.

(blackberries, vines, hops, raspberries)
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          Layering is always best for vine type plants, gives much better results than cuttings.

(blackberries, vines, hops, raspberries)
          I get 99.9% sucess on most vine cuttings, certainly grape, hard to envisage much higher than that, hops I'd anticipate less due to their die back nature. With bottom heat and keeping the humidity up the sucesss rate is pretty high by the cutting method, more useful because you can intensivly raise and it can be done in heated conditions to give the young plants a good start, so layering whilst a viable option has a few disadvantages in my experiance and tends not to be the choice of those commercially raising. Rhizome Harvest is really the best methodology for hops. But I'm offering what I'm doing rather than what I'm not

Comment

Working...
          X