Reasons not to.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons not to.............

.......... go shopping with "erindoors" unless it's absolutely necessary....

We needed a few bit's from the local Tesco's.

Like a petrol can for mixing 2 stroke fuel for the new strimmer and my chainsaw. Bargain at 99p for the petrol can.

Well I'm sure some of you know that when you go shopping, there's often the temptation to pick up a few other bit's and pieces that you might need soon etc........

So what did we come home with in that sort of category ?

How about 10k's worth of new car!

I don't mind but my last replacement car cost me about £400, is solid as a rock and I have to fill it with diesel every 2 months (stacks to the gallon).

She'd better not moan about her bleedin' car now. Not at that price.

I'm just off down the bank with a ski mask and shooter to make the withdrawl

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Yikes John

make a shopping list next time, and make her stick to it!
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

women tch!

it's like the to do lists they leave

wash pots.....

walk dog.....

vacuum living room...

POINT GABLE END!!!!
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

And make sure she's 100% about the colour John...................a couple of years ago we brought a 13 grand Mini and 6 months later she decided that she didnt like the colour

So we swapped it for a Black one with a chequered roof and lost 3 grand over the six months

Comment

Originally posted by solly View Post
          And make sure she's 100% about the colour John...................a couple of years ago we brought a 13 grand Mini and 6 months later she decided that she didnt like the colour

So we swapped it for a Black one with a chequered roof and lost 3 grand over the six months
          The 316 compact that we're "chocking in" is black, the 320 esi replacement is "sales rep metallic silver" - so it shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, if she didn't like the colour, at 10k a pop, she's bleedin' stuck with it.....

I mean, it's not as if she'd ever drive my "vomit specks somerfield turquoise" 205 diesel. Which is fine by me as I only have to fill it up once every 2 months - it runs on vapours

Ah well!

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            women tch!

it's like the to do lists they leave

wash pots.....

walk dog.....

vacuum living room...

POINT GABLE END!!!!
            Ha! you don't realise just how close you are there Bob.

A couple of months ago, it was "we're getting low on firewood/logs", Ok says me I'll ask around.

So when I arranged for a transit full of old "sheet metal" pallets (previously used for the shipping and transport of rolls of "strip" steel and made from 4x4 inch timber) it's now, "haven't you got all that cut up yet? Cos I can't get to the dustbins"......

I wouldn't mind so much, but she already wants me to put up a new picture rail, skirting and door architrave in the spare room - plus break up and chop the last 100 pallets this weekend...

whereas she is going to do a little paperwork and make a couple of carrot cakes....... Damn! I don't know how she'll manage it all......

Besides, I only worked about 60 or so hours last week so it's not as if I've been busy.......

Ho hum!

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

60 hours? Is that all?
              “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
              Groucho Marx

Comment

I take it she doesnt read the forum then John

lol
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BMW 3 SERIES.

You can get 4x5 gallon fermenting buckets in the boot.
                  National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by wisp View Post
                    60 hours? Is that all?
                    It's the maximum allowed in any single week under the WTD, not that the governor takes much notice of that (yet)!

All you "overtime monkies" can sign away your right to a 48 hour week, the only, and I mean only, job in the country where you can't is professional driving (vocational i.e. trucks/buses/coaches).
                    Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    I take it she doesnt read the forum then John

lol
                    Top marks there Bob. She hardly drinks so I get it all to myself
                    Originally posted by Richard S View Post
                    IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BMW 3 SERIES.

You can get 4x5 gallon fermenting buckets in the boot.
                    I get I can get more in my 205, as long as I take all the cra9 out that I cart around for work.......probably 3 in the boot, if I take out the parcel shelf, 3, maybe 4 on the back seat, one on the passenger seat and one in the passenger footwell

Hey ho!

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                    X