So, Xmas, What you all doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Xmas, What you all doing?

Do you have a secret stash of bottles that only you know where they are incase its a stressful Christmas?

Are you visiting long lost relatives that seemingly only come out of the woodwork at Christmas?

Have you got a housefull of people and you want somewhere to stay?

Or are you like me and can't sodding wait for it?

I'm not religious in the slightest, and view it more of a winter solstice celebration and enjoy the food and drink and warmth and look forward to the start of the spring again

So whats your plans?

My Dad is coming to stay with me for a week, and my brother and his gf are coming too and we'll be popping to see my OHs family

YAY

you?
    Last edited by Hippie; 14-12-2005, 06:23 AM.

Buying and cooking way to much food, drinking far to much*, having friends and neighbours in and slumping in front of the telly getting over it all.

*On second thoughts that part of the sentence doesn't make sense. No such thing as too much
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

We will have our Family Open House this Saturday. All the obligation out of the way. Then on Christmas Day we have our adult children and family friends in for the day. It's loads of fun and no stress! And of course, there will be plenty wine to go with it, along with home made Drambuie!
      Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
      Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

work...

We will be celebrating Christmas this coming weekend instead of the next. I gotta work 23rd, 24th, 25th.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

hippie - thats a bit harsh!

hope you have a great one this weekend

Comment

Thanks Aqua!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Got an open house at the in laws this Saturday and on Sunday a big family meal for 28, doing it this weekend because most people are going else where for xmas day.

Me the wife and kids will be at hom on the big day.

Comment

We are having 12 for Christmas lunch and will be drinking the ancient orange mead (melomel) and last years apple wine and Sicilian primitivo syrah followed by elderberry port and black cherry port.

followed by Ed slonakers Blackberry Port (only me drinking this one.....it's $75 a bottle! )

hoping for much fun and Christmas cheer, monopoly, trivial pursuit, charades and lots of drinkypoos, many of them staying over till boxing day and so more of the same.

then Clare and i are off (28th) to St Andrews (in the kingdom of Fife) for three days of golf 29th the new course, 30th the old course (WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO) 31st either the jubilee or dukes course, followed by Hogmanay feast.....(five courses) and champagne and many drams to see in the new year in the land of my ancestors.

I'm quite giddy about it all.
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Coo! lang may your lum reek
                  Let's party

Comment

I'm working 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th right up until News years eve all different shifts. Have done for years, I think I've had one Christmas Day off in twenty years.

so I'm used to it now.
                    Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

Comment

You poor thing! Whatever is your job?
                      Let's party

Comment

You said 12 for xmas lunch, sure you mean just xmas drinks.

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl
                          You poor thing! Whatever is your job?
                          work for the cops !!

no rest for us shift workers, unfortunately

Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

Comment

We'll be in safe hands then! As for shift work - ah yes, I remember it well. Glad it's all over now.
                            Let's party

Comment

Working...
                            X