Arghhh Sunburn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arghhh Sunburn!

I fell asleep in the backyard after a bbq, without a top on, and I'm fair skinned, I'm suffering here

I feel bad for you.
    We've had rain for days.
    Hootus est

Comment

Originally posted by grandmawoods View Post
      I feel bad for you.
      We've had rain for days.
      The rain came pouring down, right as I was putting the second lot of chicken legs on finished them off in the oven, they were beautiful, I'll post recipe tomorrow

Comment

Well I managed to get a bit toasted on Saturday.

I've been hearing and seeing the rain that other parts of the country have had, but we haven't seen as much as drop.

Just the heat and humidity. I don't mind the heat but the humidity has been a killer...... especially when my gaffers idea of "in truck air conditioning" is to keep both windows and the roof vent open.....

If we do get any of the wet stuff in the next day or so, I'll welcome it as a long lost relative....... it might break the humidity for a while...

As for the sunburn..........ouch!

regards

JtFb
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by Tuco View Post
          I fell asleep in the backyard after a bbq, without a top on, and I'm fair skinned, I'm suffering here
          Possibly a bit late here for you this time round, but if you get some Lavender Essential Oil from Holland & Barrats, and put say 15 drops in a 1/2 litre of water in a water spray/mister thing and spray it on your burnt bits, you'll find it takes the sting out of your sunburn. You might smell a bit old ladyish for a while, but I guarantee it will work!

Also it works neat on real burns (the type I constantly get from the oven)

Nursey Lushy over and out.
          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
            Possibly a bit late here for you this time round, but if you get some Lavender Essential Oil from Holland & Barrats, and put say 15 drops in a 1/2 litre of water in a water spray/mister thing and spray it on your burnt bits, you'll find it takes the sting out of your sunburn. You might smell a bit old ladyish for a while, but I guarantee it will work!

Also it works neat on real burns (the type I constantly get from the oven)

Nursey Lushy over and out.
            Top tip, I'll have to try that, do you have a cure for bum boils by any chance nursey ?
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
              Top tip, I'll have to try that, do you have a cure for bum boils by any chance nursey ?

YES! Bare your bum to me and let me lovingly stroke the tip of your boils with a RED HOT POKER...

(Another method, but not nearly as much fun is to put neat Lavender Oil or neat Tea Tree oil on them)

Nursey Lushy off to do her ward visits...
              HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Ouch!!! you gotta love it!
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Take an empty wine bottle, fill it with boiling water, then dump the water out. Next, place the neck of the bottle over the boil. As the air and bottle cool, a vacuum will develop that will suck the contents of the boil out of your body.

It is quite explosive when it happens, but it draws the core of the boil and you will heal without a scar. That last is not important unless you tend to lay face down on the nude beach.

Comment

Originally posted by P cuthbert View Post
                    Take an empty wine bottle, fill it with boiling water, then dump the water out. Next, place the neck of the bottle over the boil. As the air and bottle cool, a vacuum will develop that will suck the contents of the boil out of your body.

It is quite explosive when it happens, but it draws the core of the boil and you will heal without a scar. That last is not important unless you tend to lay face down on the nude beach.
                    Couldn't you do it with a vacuvin?
                    HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                      Couldn't you do it with a vacuvin?
                      Nah! Karls got an enolmatic, I'm sure that could be rigged up somehow.....
                      regards

JtFB
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Oh dear, I think we may be slightly
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Who brought up the boils?

Comment

You started it!
                            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Not sure about a cure, but here's a tip for preventing them: avoid wearing leather chaps in July!
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X