Plastic tags.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic tags.......

Has anyone got a source for plastic tags of a type that can be written on (and preferably reused) and attached in some way to a DJ?

I've seen ones that have a rectangular writing area but have a sort of hook that will hang through the finger lug of a DJ in someone's pictures but suspect that they'd cost "home brew shop" type prices.

Even a decent sized sheet A4 or something that can be cut into strips would do the job, I just have no idea where to find such a material (or even something like large plant/garden tags would also do).

TVM

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

This seller on ebay has them in various quantities: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wipe-Clean-Pla...3A1%7C294%3A50

The more you buy the cheaper they get.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
      Has anyone got a source for plastic tags of a type that can be written on (and preferably reused) and attached in some way to a DJ?

I've seen ones that have a rectangular writing area but have a sort of hook that will hang through the finger lug of a DJ in someone's pictures but suspect that they'd cost "home brew shop" type prices.

Even a decent sized sheet A4 or something that can be cut into strips would do the job, I just have no idea where to find such a material (or even something like large plant/garden tags would also do).

TVM

regards

JtFB

Ive been really cheap and use old plastic ice cream boxes or whatever's around and just cut them into tag sizes and thread them with string.
      Then all I do is write on in indelible pen the info that I want each time, ie start SG, type of wine, date of 1st rack etc etc, and then use a wipe clean pen to write the info on with.

Cheap, environmentally friendly and easy to do!

(failing that I have been known to use masking tape and stick it on the DJ!)
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
        Ive been really cheap and use old plastic ice cream boxes or whatever's around -----%<-----
        Now that's what I call a damn good idea - I was thinking along the lines of 1 gallon oil cans or something like that. cutting the flat side off and chucking them in the dishwasher and then chopping them into "tag sized pieces" but I couldn't think of where to get the oil cans........

Ice cream boxes though, now that's just genius I tell you, pure bleedin' genius!

I'll have to wait till morning to tell "erindoors" though, she's already gone to bed.....

regards

JtFB
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

hop and grape sell them

before i bought some i used luggage tags

Comment

Here you go John

this is what I use

Wine racks, wine gifts and accessories: Buy wooden and metal racks, wine coolers, glassware and bottle openers, complete wine racking solutions from Wineware.
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

They do them in paper too

N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                Here you go John

this is what I use

http://www.wineware.co.uk/Plastic+Wi...29-details.htm
                And if you want to hang them through the ear of a d/j just cut through one side of the loop
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Here is a tip I use, if you write on your plastic tags with a marker, when you go to use it again, paint over it with tippex

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                    Now that's what I call a damn good idea - I was thinking along the lines of 1 gallon oil cans or something like that. cutting the flat side off and chucking them in the dishwasher and then chopping them into "tag sized pieces" but I couldn't think of where to get the oil cans........

Ice cream boxes though, now that's just genius I tell you, pure bleedin' genius!

I'll have to wait till morning to tell "erindoors" though, she's already gone to bed.....

regards

JtFB
                    Glad to be of service sir; especially after all the useful advice you given to me over the last 12 months or so!
                    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Here you go John

this is what I use

http://www.wineware.co.uk/Plastic+Wi...29-details.htm
                      Now I'm starting to get paranoid Bob. It took a minute or so for the penny to drop...........with the "hang on a minute, don't we deliver to a place called WineWare sometimes" ? going through the barnet, Only to look at the linked site a second time and notice the Worthing phone no for the penny really to drop...... I could drive there blind folded.

That very small planet that we call "Earth" is starting to close in on me - again.........

I wonder if I can scrounge a couple of packs next time there's a couple of pallets of glasses to go in there ???????
                      Originally posted by Tuco View Post
                      Here is a tip I use, if you write on your plastic tags with a marker, when you go to use it again, paint over it with tippex
                      Not a big fan of tippex, besides, they have "preptone" at work..... it's used by the car spiving industry for removing glues and other sticky nastiness from vehicle paintwork - I was gonna get a gallon next time the Autosmart bloke calls in the yard..... it's good for stubborn wine bottle labels as well (take the label off before I clean/sanitise the bottle for filling then give it a damn good cleaning to).

Un-bleedin'-believeable!

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                      X