Sitting Here - Watching The Hours Pass :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting Here - Watching The Hours Pass :(

What can I say but its BLOODY boring to say the least, managed to get stuck here in hospital for the next few days

As some of you know I had major surgey back in January and was slowly getting back on my feet, but the last few weeks I have been short of breath and saw the surgons as an outpatient on Friday as I need to have a reversal op sometime in September and they were concerned about the short of breathness and so they admitted me in for further tests

You always know how much your family love you but its not until times like this that you relise how much it really shows, even today with parts of the underground network down for maintenance they had a two and 1/2 hour journey from Chatham Kent to UCLH in Euston London but still managed to bring in my Laptop and buy a wireless modem to get me online

I consider my-self lucky as I have my family to look after me even after I go home but there are people here who have not had a single vistor since yesterday and it makes you relise how lucky I really am in my family - some people have no one to visit them in Hospital and even worse no one to look after them when they get home

Didnt want to do it but I got A Kiwi Wine on the go at home and had to get my Son to give the bucket a good stir yesterday evening so hopefully that will be ok untill I get home on Monday / Tuesday...............anyway just wanted to post to thank my family and to say how luckly I am but also to remember people who are less fortunate then me by far! and maybe that phone call to someone you keep meaning to phone or visit might just make their day

Cash

I know how you feel, spent 7 days in hospital in may after breaking my leg in a car crash, 3 months have passed now and I had my first walk today (with crutches)

Another 6 weeks and they reckon I should be back to normal.

Not be long and you'll be out and about again

Comment

Aww get well soon to both of you =)
      Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Hey Solly, billy both of you get well sooner rather than later eh! Or you'll miss the summer All the rain will be bulging the elderberries and you need to running around to collect them!

Pam

Comment

All the best for a speedy recovery and return to home....
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Cash.

If you are like me and have a boredom threshold of around 6 seconds, that must be torture.

Look on the bright side - you missed the cricket

Get well soon.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

get well soon peeps

could be a good time to do some web surfing for interesting recipes for the FV!
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Working...
              X