Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racked 6 gallons of christmas pudding wine, started 40 pint wheat beer kit. Started 1 gallon of the tropical recipe (smells fantastic) Started 1 gallon elderberry and black berry wine (clearing freezer out ready for summer glut).

Bottled 2 gallons of blackberry and elderberry (started sept 10)

Looking to start 5 gallon christmas pudding wine this comeing weekend if space allows.

Comment

• Hey Bob - I notice from the picture all the scaffolding up around your neighbours place. Are they putting in soundproofing ready for grapefest? Yippee.
      Vines look in nice shape.
      Simon
      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Just set a Beaverdale Barolo on the go.
        Feel the Zin

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
          Hey Bob - I notice from the picture all the scaffolding up around your neighbours place. Are they putting in soundproofing ready for grapefest? Yippee.
          I think its so when they throw rocks they have a clearer view of the target

On the subject of Grapefest...it is an open invite to all forum members to come and play for a few days, stay in a hotel....sleep where you drop...whatever suits

come for a day,. come for it all...

its great fun, and there are plenty of experienced hands to help you....

dont miss it!
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
            Hey Bob - I notice from the picture all the scaffolding up around your neighbours place. Are they putting in soundproofing ready for grapefest? Yippee.
            If anything, Bob should be the one needing soundproofing to eliminate the noise of his neighbor's rooster crowing at all hours!
            Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              Morning (till 1pm) spent weeding, summer pruning and tying in of vines, then got rained off!
              Looking good Bob. Neat as a pin.
              Steve

Comment

• Did the temperature modification to my lidl boiler, will test drive it on a wheat beer later in the week
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Racked a standard 12L batch of Wine #1 and a 5L experimental Wine #1. The 5L batch was made with tropical fruit cocktail instead of apple juice. Tastes delicious! Also put down my first batch of Ancient Orange Mead.

Comment

• Just finished washing bottles ready for a serious bottling session tomorrow night. I have a Beaverdale Pinot Grigio, a Sauvignon Blanc, a Cellar Rat yeast trial Lychee and a wine no.1 to bottle.

Comment

• Nothing today...

off to Gardeners World live at the NEC

whoo hoo
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• WE Luna Rossa kit started yesterday (thanks Karl), for a friend's do in a year's time.
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Racked a CC Zinfandel Blush, a CC Pinot Grigio and a modified Beaverdale Barolo. Picking up a new Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc kit and a packet of Lalvin D47 today.
                          Feel the Zin

Comment

• Nothing. Because we've just picked another 6lb plus of raspberry and Clare is gonna make jam (no room in freezer).

Plus, the replacement PC turned up on thursday evening, so I've got to make sure that i've got backups of all the data that we need to transfer across to the new PC. Plus once I've made the backups, I've then got to set the new PC up, and as I'll still be retaining windows (so I can chat with Keith at weekends), it's gonna be a case of installing any updates etc, defrag, then use the Ubuntu installer to modify the partitions etc and then install the ubuntu..... then transfer (with all the usual hassles of permissions, file ownership, etc etc) the data back to the new machine.

So the wine/mead making will stay the same as it was last weekend. Bugger!
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Also nothing wine-related, apart from coming up with several use-stuff-fromthe-freezer recipes, which will in themselves cause problems because I haven't got room for any more wine .

I have been playing with bread starters - I have a healthy 1/2 litre starter grown on packet yeast, and I have just started a sourdough starter. The latter should fire up on naturally-occurring airborne yeast, although I have a suspicion that there is far more EC-1118 in the air around here!
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Just started a Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc running.
                                Feel the Zin

Comment

Working...
                                X