Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well today has seen some 6 bottles of lychee primed and capped in champagne bottles in a hope that they carbonate. Wine racks in the garage have been sorted/rearranged & organised.

Comment

• just bottled 5 gal bramble, 1 gallon lychee from juice and another galon of wine no1 with tayberries
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Started this week:

5 gal Yorkshire bitter
        5 gal mild
        2 gal elderberry
        3 gal rosehip and pomegranate
        6.5 gal cranberry and blueberry
        1 gal plum

what's more, they are all going like the clappers
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• I started a 2 gallon batch of a mixed fruit freezer blend for a white wine... mostly apples and some tropical blend smoothie mix on Tuesday.
          Yeast did nothing, when it was pitched on Wednesday
          So pitched another last night.
          Happily blooping now
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Goldseal was here today (and overnight) we picked up 200 kilos of Rondo and processed them, we racked the Seyval that arrived the other night, and I racked 50 gallons of Niagra mist wines.......

handed out lots of sweetie bars to hods of children knocking at my door

got all my stuff ready for the Wedding Fayre I'm doing tomorrow
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• transferred the elderberry yesterday and the bramble today so 5 gallon of elderberry and bramble. added 5 ltr grape and 5ltr apple plus 3 kg sugar to what was left in bramble. also pressed the elderberries that were left and got a futher gallon, dont know what this will be like as seems everyone says not to sqeeze bag when making elderberry.
              http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
              http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Currently fermenting all the kiddies who knocked at the door.

Oh, and started 6.5 gallons of pineapple wine.
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Today, I have organised.

I successfully fought for, and won the rights to 90% of the under stairs winery from the OH.

In celebration I organised everything into it's new space

I washed all the fermenters, cleaned and sanitised most of the DJs (the ones with the bungs in), I also sorted all of my supplies into one organised box.

And after all that was done, courtesy of a nice man from Freecycle, I have another wine rack

After all that hard work I gave my wines a good stiff talking to, they need to hurry up and sort themselves out so I can put them into bottles.

Altogether a productive day
                  With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Racked, fortified, sweetened & oaked both ports - Ciliegiolo and Black Cherry. Both smelling & tasting good.
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• 3 gallons of parsnip wine started, cooling tonight, pitching tomorrow
                      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• I WAS going to bin a gallon of apple which stuck at 1.032 a month ago. I had tried the usual - a little nutrient, aeration, a bit of warmth. Nothing. It had sat in the corner of my office since then. Just before I picked it up I saw a bubble in the airlock. The SG is 1.018 .

So, if your fermentation sticks, threaten it with the drain
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• bottled 5 gallons of Yorkshire bitter and started another 5. Started 6.5 gallons of apple wine.
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Lots of bottle cleaning (and head-scratching re: space for fermenters and bottles).

Started 1 gal Beaverdale Pinot Grigio kit.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Definately dig the bottle cleaning Goldseal . . Got a Frewbern Abbey Brew on the go at the minute. Thought it was done, so went and cleaned 9 litres worth of beer bottles and took the labels off (anyone else hate this job??! or is it just me!?!?) . The sucker is still at 1015 (how Mr T do i sound right now!?!)

I checked the gravity AFTER cleaning the bottles. I pitty the fool Owl, i really do. :-( There in lies the lesson kiddies: always check your gravity BEFORE spending half the morning cleaning out your bottles!

Oh, i also have the AOM on the go at the minute. Now, what to try next . . . hmmmm . . .

Owl.
                              A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

• Punched the cap on 20 gallons of Rondo....

need to rack the Seyval tonight I think
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X