This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post

I checked Rich's comedy-vines. The variety he says () are Sav Blanc are up to 20+ brix, but I only have 20. Not 20 kilos, or even 20 bunches. 20 grapes.
    You might be lucky and get a full glass from that after racking losses.

Comment

• I have started 2 gallons of Elderberry wine, its all ready fermenting

Comment

• Yay! Finally... the first of the California grapes and juices have started to roll in. I picked up 60 gallons of juice last night and they are all on the go.

This year:
        12 gals Riesling
        12 gals Gewurztraminer
        12 gals Sauvignon Blanc
        6 gals Chardonnay
        6 gals Viognier
        6 gals Chenin Blanc
        6 gals Muscat

Grapes (Syrah, Pinot Noir, Barbera, and Sangiovese) should be arriving sometime in the next 3-5 days. I hope.
        Steve

Comment

• I finally got some bottling done the other day...
          I still have some that needs doing, which I am hoping to get done over the next week.
          Must get some pineapple number one on the go, for xmas, otherwise the family would disown me I fear
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
            Yay! Finally... the first of the California grapes and juices have started to roll in. I picked up 60 gallons of juice last night and they are all on the go.

This year:
            12 gals Riesling
            12 gals Gewurztraminer
            12 gals Sauvignon Blanc
            6 gals Chardonnay
            6 gals Viognier
            6 gals Chenin Blanc
            6 gals Muscat

Grapes (Syrah, Pinot Noir, Barbera, and Sangiovese) should be arriving sometime in the next 3-5 days. I hope.
            Good drills mate.

Comment

Yay! Finally... the first of the California grapes and juices have started to roll in. I picked up 60 gallons of juice last night and they are all on the go.

This year:
              12 gals Riesling
              12 gals Gewurztraminer
              12 gals Sauvignon Blanc
              6 gals Chardonnay
              6 gals Viognier
              6 gals Chenin Blanc
              6 gals Muscat

Enough for a party then!!
              Malc

Comment

This year:
                12 gals Riesling
                12 gals Gewurztraminer
                12 gals Sauvignon Blanc
                6 gals Chardonnay
                6 gals Viognier
                6 gals Chenin Blanc
                6 gals Muscat

Hi Steve

Out of interest what do you have to pay for this in teh States

Malcolm
                Malc

Comment

• Originally posted by malcmackenzie View Post
                  Hi Steve

Malcolm
                  A fortune at a guess?
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by malcmackenzie View Post
                    Hi Steve

Malcolm
                    Depends on the grape variety and where it's grown. Most of these white juice pails I buy run £30-40 for 5 gallons. On a scale of 1 to 5 in terms of quality, I would rate them about a 3 or 4. But I'm not real picky when it comes to white wine, as long as it's drinkable.

Red wine grapes are more expensive. About £30 for a 16 kilo box, which makes 2.5 gallons of finished wine. Again, these aren't top shelf, but they are good quality. So-called "ultra premium" grapes can run as much as £160 for 22 kilos. Too rich for my blood.
                    Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      A fortune at a guess?
                      I did hear they are about $90 per 5 gallons delivered frozen in a pvc fermenter ready to defrost and pitch. But plain juice wouild be fun here
                      Malc

Comment

• Yikes - I was right!

It's also nice to see another chap who really appreciates fine white wine - I always think drinking white is robbery. Time stolen that could have been spent drinking a nice red
                        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• just started fermenting 2 gallons of orange & carrot juice wine.

Comment

• Tonight I racked 2 gallons of Dandelion wine and 7 gallons of Grapefest second run chianti stylee.

Comment

• Yesterday - a little racking, and sugar-feeding the 2011 GF Black Cherry Port.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Started two gallons of Nescafe coffee wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X