Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second ML test done, no sign of anything next to the malic acid control-blob, so I can finally get some sulphite into the carboy
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Bottled 5 gals chocolate raspberry port (29 bottles....we drank a bottle at 5 towns wine circle meeting on sat)

and bottled 5 gal Kenridge ltd edition kit from 2006 (cant remember what it was, as the label was faded...) I "think" it was the founders seriesprimitivo/syrah but not sure, we drank a bottle of it on sat night too....very chewy, so i think it was the primitivo/syrah
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Also racked the winexpert ltd edition pacific quartet and the dolcetto

and was going to bottle the winexpert ltd edition 2006 Italian piedmont Nebbiolo D'alba
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I've been told by the boss that I can't do anything in my winery until after Christmas. So next week I have a whole slate of bottlings, rackings, and general tidying up planned.
          Steve

Comment

• I can't do anything before Christmas. The plumbers are still here rebuilding our bathroom, and it'll be all hands to the pump to get the house tidied.

Like Steve, I think I'll be using that boring period between Christmas and New Year to get bottling and tidying.
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Under the cover of making sausage rolls and mince pie mix, I racked and filtered 2010 GF Montepulciano. Will bottle surrepticiously tomorrow evening methinks.
              Last edited by SiSandrine; 20-12-2011, 03:42 PM. Reason: Wrong year DOH
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• All of a sudden all but two wines have cleared. Bottled a wine no1 and a raspberry late addition wine no 1 recipe racked off the rest. That’s 60 bottles to the wine racks and 20 gallons to sort out between Christmas and New Year. Sorted out the wine in the cellar some bottles to the "keep for later shelves" and some to the "drink me now shelf". I like that shelf. And I know Santa’s got 5 kits on his sleigh so that should keep me busy. Off to the in-laws for Christmas and they have some bottles of Beaverdale Pinot Grigio and White Burgandy very nice when I gave them it earlier in the year it will be nice to revisit these after they've had another 6 months to mature. Needess to say there's non left here!!!
                Last edited by RTPFUN; 20-12-2011, 03:50 PM.
                Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Its xmas time and their 1/2 price,,, so its got to be done,,just made up 4 gallons of xmas pudding wine
                  Should be ready to strain/filter on xmas day eve,,when i'm most properly going to be bored rigid
                  Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Nice signature !
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• relocating winery from the corner of dining room to the shed until after the big day.......

Comment

• Two gallons of orange,peach & passion fruit-juice wine
                        it as started fermenting already in less than 1 hour.

Comment

• LiDL,vitafit multivitamin mixed fruit juice wine.

Just started 2 gallons of fruit juice wine for less than a £5
                          ingredients to make 1 gallon.

1lt-vitafit multivitamin mixed fruit juice.
                          1lt-vitafit red grape juice.
                          1kg-sugar.
                          mineral water ( or tap water )
                          1tsp-GP yeast compound.

Comment

• Just finished a 9-hour bottling shift: various ports, plus a Luna Rossa.

Yes, I know I'm not the fastest worker
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Started a 40 pint mexican cerveza and a 5 gallon beaverdale cabernet sauvignon

Gonna have to go into overdrive in the new year as stocks are verging on pathetic. I planned to have around 400 bottles of good wine at this point but the new house has been consuming most of my thought and energy.....Although not forever and now I have the space I always wanted to brew.

Comment

• Bottling today. Just finished a 2009 Apple Wine (probably should've been bottled a year ago ) and 2010 Petit Verdot second run.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X