Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icewine is a super sweet desert style wine, originally made from pressing frozen grapes to just get the sugary juice out.

Steve (northernwiner) has done a tutorial on it on here. I've made the Kenridge icewine style kit and the Winexpert Riesling one, they are both very good, if you like a sweet wine. We have ours either with a desert or as the desert.

Comment

• I'm making ice wine out of apple juice this year.
      Steve

Comment

• I have 2 gallons of high acid juice in my freezer awaiting thawing to 1 gal and firing an icewine up
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• i and going through all my equipent tonight and having a very big sort out of all my gear so it can be assessed as either keep or bin. its amazing how many hydromiters you collect over the years i will see if they are any good
          Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• My Lychee is finally getting going, after almost 5 days of battle. I have been experimenting with dechlorinating our tap water with sulphite/time and I think I overdid the dose.

A couple of small wine racks added to the understairs cupboard - now 200+ bottles there. I have a 96 bottle rack to shoehorn into the garage tomorrow. Somehow.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Icewine is a super sweet desert style wine, originally made from pressing frozen grapes to just get the sugary juice out.

Steve (northernwiner) has done a tutorial on it on here. I've made the Kenridge icewine style kit and the Winexpert Riesling one, they are both very good, if you like a sweet wine. We have ours either with a desert or as the desert.
              Thanks for the information. Icewine sounds very interesting, I'll have to try some. Cheers
              “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• Stabilising 6.5 gal pineapple wine and 6.5 gal cranberry and bluebeerry. Bottled 5 gal mild. Racked 1 gal plum wine. Hope to start 5 gal mild tonight - this is a job I keep intending to do but life keeps getting in the way!
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• 3 gallons of parsnip wine happily bubbling away after moving to secondary last night. hoping to get around to degassing and/or racking various blackberry brews during the day.
                  To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                  A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Big racking/filtering/bottling day today
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Nothing

I'd hoped to be doing some bottling, but I have spent all day preparing to leave for two days' work at Rockingham. At least I'm in a Holiday Inn rather than the usual TravelHutch.
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                        At least I'm in a Holiday Inn rather than the usual TravelHutch.
                        TravelHutch? Sounds like a rabbit cage.
                        Steve

Comment

• Nah, there's more room in a rabbit cage!
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
                            Nah, there's more room in a rabbit cage!
                            Exactly. The last room was so small that I had to go outside to turn around.

(Steve, I think they are technnically known as Travelodges, but my version is more descriptive )
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• I got my late addtion strawberry racked off into a DJ today. Smells ok, no off smells anyway which is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                                Exactly. The last room was so small that I had to go outside to turn around.

(Steve, I think they are technnically known as Travelodges, but my version is more descriptive )

Yeah, and you get free lettuce too
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X