Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottled a wine number one. It was in the warm cupboard when the thermostat went faulty so fermented out at 26c. All the apple smell has gone and it smells of melons and pears. Had to add a couple of teaspoons of cirtic acid to lift the taste a bit (5 gals). It's now OK but it doesn't like it hot does it!
    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Well after many years I have connected the water supply today to the winery
      I normally run a dry winery (no pun intended) and this is really only for the carbon filter for beer making. (thinks have I posted this in the right category ooooeer)
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Bottled the Washington Merritage I was going to bulk age it but there was simply too much topping up needed. Italian Nebbiolo racked off stabilised degassed and finings added and finings to a lychee table wine having read so much on here thought I'd better try one however this one is going to need sweetening it's a dry as blotting paper.

Comment

• "What's going on in my winery?".....complete flipping chaos, that's what! I've just taken delivery of £3k of stock from Youngs for my homebrew stall on the market. I don't have an inch of space until I get it all sorted out. Good job I racked all my wines yesterday!
          Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
          Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
          Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Comment

• OOOOOOOO

which Market?
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I have never ever seen a Market trader selling homebrew equipment, you must be pretty unique.

Spent the last couple of hours bottle washing. I have decided I hate washing bottles, it is a PITA. At least I can bottle some finished wine now. I have a Selection Chilean Merlot that celebrates it's first birthday next week and I have yet to try it. Also need to bottle a Celebration del Mondo Fume Blanc kit that is 10months old and also untried.

Comment

• Just started 2 gallons of rose wine.
                ingredients makes 1 gallon.
                1lt-5 alive tropical fruit blend juice.
                1lt-red grape juice.
                800g-sugar.
                1tsp-pektolase.
                1tsp-Gp wine yeast compound.
                water.

This wine works out at about £5.00 all in for 2 gallons.

Comment

• Racked off the Italian Nebbiolo into a glass carboy for bulk storage (and I need to ask about that) racked of stabilised and sulphited the Torrontes chardonnay and a wine number one and made up the California Petite Sirah / Zinfandel and a Luna Bianca came with 4 bags of oak and Redstar yeast don’t see that so often in the UK and I’d forgotten that they don’t have labels after being spoilt by all the limited editions.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    which Market?
                    Stocksbridge Market, between Sheffield and Huddersfield. Actually it's not much of a market, having been run down over the years, but in its new position and with more people acquiring stalls, it's getting better. I will be doing other events too, and free local home delivery. It's a gamble but hey, whatever!

Comment

• Wow! Best of luck Claire. I hope the word soon gets out and you are swamped. (With business - the only swamped down here would be with the constant rain)
                      Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
                      Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

• Merci, M. Le Plot. Yes, I did get pretty SWAMPED in the rain, but next week I shall have a posh gazebo...yeah! It's all going OK, and I've had a few orders already, but I can't believe how many people say they don't have time to brew. For heaven's sake, turn the flaming TV off and then you might actually find the time!!!

Comment

• Absolutely!

The microwave rice manufacturers aren't going to be disappointed by the folks in Huddersfield then.

Well, glad it's looking promising, hope it does wonders and you only need your gazebo to prevent sun-stroke.
                          Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
                          Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

• Turned the TV off...

and bottled the washington meritage and a paklab pinot grigio...
                            also bottled 5 gals of Banks' bitter and 5 gals of deuchars IPA...
                            also racked a paklab barolo into the free better bottle and...
                            started the selection petit syrah that Karl kindly delivered this week.

Now I am running out of bottles so either I drink more or go to the bottle bank... Hmm
                            It's amazing what you can get done with the kids in bed and the wife in glasgow

http://markblades.com
                            Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
                            These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

• You've obviously never been to Durham indoor market either

Comment

• What's happening in my "winery" at the moment ? Erm, well, there's the 2 gallons of JAO clearing, the 1 gallon of "rescued" mixed summer fruit mel clearing, the 11 litres of banana mel just finishing. Umpteen gallons of various mels, meads and other honey based brews ageing. But as we speak, it's just drinking, but I won't say what, as I'd expect a chorus of disapproval......

p.s. Oh and there's nearly 2 gallons of last years elderberry juice waiting for something, and 2 X chocolate raspberry port kits waiting to be started....... about 30lb of various honey waiting for..... something, and about a gallon of cheapo, Lidl's red grape juice also getting bored.....
                                Last edited by fatbloke; 01-05-2012, 11:04 PM.
                                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                                X