This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very little happening in mine.

I'm in one of my Less Enthusiastic phases at the moment, but the garage is rammed with full DJs and carboys, and I know I have to do something, and soon. Oh, and I have 3 x 5gal kits waiting to go on.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Is the lack of enthusiasm linked to less weight?

Diet pending....so wanted to check first
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Exactly so Bob.

I'm hardly drinking anything, so the racks are full, and there is no room for more bottles.

I'm not eating bread, so my bread yeast starters are suffering too. I pulled two of them out of the fridge yesterday: Trevor has perked up nicely, but Barry is sulking .

The drastic phase of the diet will be over by mid-May, so hopefully normal(ish) service will be resumed. I tend to go through phases of Mad Keen and Not Bothered, so nothing to worry about
        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• I have a lack of enthusiasm for a diet - but I am not sure thats the same thing

Diet pending..
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Pete - you have names for you yeast starters ?
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• I am watching what I eat at the moment... Watching it all go into my mouth that is...

I have some semi-demis of blackcurrant, apple and pear, waitrose purple juice, blueberry fermenting/ ageing. Did a mild the other week (in the brewery) that's just gone into a corny. Loads on the racks in bottles (loads by my standards anyway).

Still have the paklabs barolo to put on (others still maturing) and the Lychee I did with Rich's yeast has finished and is nearly all gone already!

Oh and put a wine number one on for my mum...

Happy days then! But still have a bit of an itch to do another ale sometime soon... And, I have some honey somewhere...

Comment

• Very little - two pints of cascade seem to do that

Comment

• ok we have 5 g of beaverdale pinto grigio
                  5 g of wine no1 oaked
                  1 g of beaverdale chablis blush
                  1g of banana
                  1g of coffee
                  1g of wow
                  1g of exotic pinapple orange passionfruit and mango
                  1g of pinapple and grape
                  1g of apple wine
                  1g of fruit cocktail
                  1g wine no2
                  1g of turbo cider

Comment

• Bottled a wine number 1. Filtered the lychee wine. Tidied the racks in the cellar and the drink me now shelf is looking very full. Cleaned and sterilised everything I could spray with cleaning solution to try to eliminate the shed smell. It now smells like a swimming pool now where’s my snorkel.
                    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      Pete - you have names for you yeast starters ?
                      Yes. Only the bread starters though.

Naming wine yeast starters would be weird.
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Well lest get weird then
                        E1118 got to be called Charlie as in Champagne Charlie
                        K1V how about HRH Her Royal Highness as in the Queen song Killer Queen
                        RC212 could be Mick (Hucknall) Simply Red
                        D47 Susan as in Lazy Susan some say it is a bit of a lazy yeast
                        71B Esther not because it has buck teeth and a bite like Esther Rantzon but the esters it produces.
                        Sorry can’t afford the therapy.
                        sorry if this is wrong and is giving you all nightmares
                        Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• haha

love it!
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• My first Dandelion wine,recipe,ingredients makes one gallon.
                            4-pints of Dandelion petals.(No green material)
                            1lt-white grape juice.
                            800g-sugar.
                            3-oranges(for juice & zest,(but No white pith)
                            half a cup of black tea(No leaves or bag)
                            1tsp-GP wine yeast compound.
                            mineral water.

Method: step your Dandelion petals for at least 28hrs but no over 48hrs then with the orange zest bring to a boil and simmer for 1hr then strain the liquid over the sugar and stir until the sugar as dissolved and leave to cool,then add to your demijohn with all the other ingredients top up to the neck of the demijohn with mineral water,fit the airlock and fully ferment out,when fermenting as stopped rack and mature for 12 months.

Comment

• My stash of every day drinking wine was getting rather low so tonight I bottled some of the GF2011Trebbiano and the last of last years Beaverdale Pinot Grigio. The Pinot Grigio was a little more than a year old and still tastes very good. The Trebbiano is growing on me but I'm not sure I would make it again.

Comment

• Started 10 gallons of Chardonnay (frozen juice) and did some bottling... chenin blanc, pinot noir, and barbera from last year's harvest.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X