Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started two gallons of basmati rice & sultana,wine.

Comment

• Exploding bottles of pyment covering the 'cellar' floor in glorious smelling 'wine'! I opened the other bottle which had also been fermenting in the bottle (oops!) and it was really really nice...

One of the simplest recipes I have ever made (with just honey, grape juice and yeast/ nutrient) and I was very impressed. Will get some more on soon....

Comment

• Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
        Exploding bottles of pyment covering the 'cellar' floor in glorious smelling 'wine'! I opened the other bottle which had also been fermenting in the bottle (oops!) and it was really really nice...

One of the simplest recipes I have ever made (with just honey, grape juice and yeast/ nutrient) and I was very impressed. Will get some more on soon....
        Might consider adding sorbate next time round. Better in your glass than on the floor.
        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
          Might consider adding sorbate next time round. Better in your glass than on the floor.
          indeed! Checked back on my notes and for some reason i just added sulphite assuming fermentation had finished... I won't make that mistake again soon!

Comment

• Over the past couple of days I have bottled 2 x 30 bottle kits, another 18 bottles of Grapefest Fruit Merlot, removed oak from most of the Grapefest wines and finally started a Winexpert Duoro Tinto kit (which I believe was a 2010 Ltd Edition).
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• More bottling this weekend. I have 15 gallons of 2010 Merlot/Cabernet Franc that will be coming out of the barrel.
              Steve

Comment

• Nothing this weekend....it is No1 sons stag "do" in London town

god help me!
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• How did you go at the show ?
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• I'll be racking my mandarin and fruit cocktail then starting nettle and goosegrass.

Bring on the warmer weather when I can make more than 2 demijohns at once

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      How did you go at the show ?
                      2 X 1sts 2 X 2nds a 3rd and 4 X 4ths

and 5 towns took award for highest points in beer

happy puppy
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Well Done that man

http://markblades.com
                        Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
                        These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post

happy puppy
                          Well done indeed.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post

happy puppy
                            Excellent, Bob!
                            Steve

Comment

• I have just started 2 gallons of cranberry&raspberry juice wine.
                              and a woodforde's 40 pint Real ALE kit,i have use a 500g pack of spray malt for more kick.

Comment

• Just got a Selection Ltd Edition Calif Petit Shiraz / Zin on the go, courtesy of Mr DuffBeer (thank you sir!); broke the bank on it, but worth a sniff me thinks!

Also got fizzing away yeast starters for 3 Bill Smith experiments from his Award Winning Wines Book. Going to make 1 gallon each of his Burgundy, Chianti, and Claret style reds using some elderberrys from last year and his interesting method of late fruit addition. I think there's some postings on this method in the forum, but if anyone is interested, im happy to start a thread?

Owl
                                A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

Working...
                                X