Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonight we defuse the last four of my champange grenaids, this time leaving till frozen properlyit is quite interesting, as in will the under pants last longer than the last session recapping?????, when the bottles go pop they realy do go pop its quite frightening at times when you dont exspect it
    Last edited by hedgerow; 21-11-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: dyslexia and wife not reading it beofre posting
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• ALMOST got some filtering and bottling done, but didn't. Work got in the way again
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Transferred 5 gal of Coopers Australian lager to keg for conditioning, racked 5 gal of fresh Seyval grape wine, ouch this has dropped some amazing amount of tartarates, interesting will keep an eye on this one as it hasn't been anywhere cool ??? Also racked Septembers Grapefest Merlot, considered oaking but decided against it.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
          Also racked Septembers Grapefest Merlot, considered oaking but decided against it.
          ohhhh, Next grapefest will be interesting then. Mine has been oaked. Needs racking soon I think.

Comment

• Racked and oaked 1 gallon of elderberry bottled 1 gallon of wineno1/Damson and started a tea bag wine ive got to rack the merlot from grapefest soon to oak or not to oak won't be tomorrow though ive got to bottle my munton's autumn gold cider

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
              ive got to bottle my munton's autumn gold cider
              Ooooo save us a sample Daz
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Sure will Karl it says bottle at 1010 but its taking its time its been going about 2 weeks its stands at about 1014 last night i think that the colder temps are not helping it will it get to 1010 or shall i bottle it now Karl

Comment

• Give it another couple of days, a good stir to add a little oxygen wont harm or a little yeast nutrient, if it ain't budged then you may as well bottle I don't think .004 will make a great difference, maybe just add a tad less sugar for priming to prevent possible gushers.
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• No bottling whatsoever again.

Managed to clean some bottles, and find 5 bottles of Strawberry I thought we'd already drunk
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Finally got some bottling done.

1 gallon Riesling Icewine

1 gallon Freecycle Rosé (wine no.1 + freebie grapes)
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• not racking tonight but getting some of the last of the equipment cleaned and sorted out
                        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• lots of racking done.. Elderberry racked/degassed and oaked. Black Cherry racked/degassed. Strawberry racked/degassed.

All in an effort to get away from I'm a celeb...

Comment

• you're a celeb?

N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• good job you aren't there anyhow.........that slag Katie price would be all over you
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Assembled another 96 bottle rack. I can get some bottling done now (time permitting).
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X