This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    I reckon it's drinkable at 6, decent at 9 and pretty good at 12.
    In the morning or evening?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
      In the morning or evening?
      Lol

Comment

• Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• bottling the last of 2010 Merlot
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Had a good tidy out of the cellar got another gorm shelving unit from IKEA with a couple of extra shelves and voila storage for another 150 bottles. Any busy busy built an outdoor storage unit for 200 empty wine bottles with room for the BBQ too (well it has just been evicted to make way for the new shelving unit.
            After putting on two Viognier kits last week the chef’s madness rose up and the chef’s hat was on and so too was a mad concoction. Soooo if Viognier has the taste of dried apricots then we’ll do that add some dried apricots and some pears and some peaches too and a little honey it tastes of all these things and mix with a basic wine number one ingredient list and we’ll see what we get in 3 months time. It’s fizzing away nicely this morning. Roughly 200g of everything in the list (in 5 gallons) remembering less is more!
            And if you start drinking at 6 all your wine tastes fine by 9 and great by midnight
            Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Racked the rhubarb and started a raspberry 'after dinner sweet wine' from my recently purchased 'progressive winemaking'

1 gallon
              4lb raspberries
              2lb raisins
              1lb bananas (boiled and juice strained)
              no acid or tannin but pectolase and nutrient etc...

Ferment on pulp 'until appropriate colour achieved...' whatever that means... and sugar feed until death...

I think it will take a few years to come good but I have a boat load of raspberries so hey ho...! And plenty of wine/ beer to go at in the meantime!

Comment

• Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
                ...add some dried apricots and some pears and some peaches too and a little honey it tastes of all these things and mix with a basic wine number one ingredient list....
                Were they dried/ fresh/tinned pears and peaches rtpfun?

Comment

• Started 2 gallons of 5,alive tropical fruit blend juice wine.
                  it's fermenting very well already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
                    Were they dried/ fresh/tinned pears and peaches rtpfun?
                    Hi Delmonteman. The pears and peaches were tinned 410g tin 225g net both fruit and juices went in. The honey was a 200g jar of heather honey and the apricots were the 200g soft snack type all from ASDA. Had a success with a Lichee wine using a similar quantity of ingredients (200g per gallon) from tins so that inspired the madness. With the lichee I used just one tin per gallon of wine number one must using Lalvin E1118.
                    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• We have all had breakages. Be paranoid it is safest!
                      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• ... or buy stainless.

Comment

• Finished preparing 6 wines for tomorrow's competition. Trying not to get my hopes up..........

Comment

• Originally posted by robwrx View Post
                            Finished preparing 6 wines for tomorrow's competition. Trying not to get my hopes up..........
                            Good luck mate!!!!

As Bob says - remember, any feedback is good feedback, be it positive or negative - as long as it's constructive!!!
                            "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Originally posted by robwrx View Post
                              Finished preparing 6 wines for tomorrow's competition. Trying not to get my hopes up..........
                              Good luck

This morning I have racked 5 gals of rhubarb out of the primary.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Thanks chaps The judging is this afternoon but I don't find out the results until tomorrow afternoon.

Last year they had 50 entries in the 6 different classes, I've entered 6 wines in 3 classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X