This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most;y moved.......

the crusher destemmer would nt fire up today......

lots of WD40 and TLC

fired up eventually
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Just like Bob, I'm tidying up and getting ready for grapes. This is predicted to be a stellar harvest year for the US. We've had picture perfect weather in California. My own grapes here in Minnesota are looking quite good and are earlier than usual. We're looking at picking some of them next weekend, and the remainder in three weeks. I'm putting up nets on the late grapes tomorrow.

I've also got 300 lbs of Syrah to be delivered in a few weeks, and another 300 lbs each of Zinfandel and Petite Sirah to pick up in Chicago around the end of the month.
      Steve

Comment

• I started two gallons of ground coffee wine this weekend

Comment

• Filtered two kenridge Classic Viognier kits ready for bottling. Racked off a Kenridge classic Pingo and a White Zinfandel hope they don't stick as they'd gone down to 1000 in just 6 days fast or what? And washing bottles lots of bottles.
          Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Bottled the two Viognier kits. Fist time I've done two kits side by side the difference is remarkable one is almost drinkable and one will need 3 months in the bottle to smooth out. Tidied up the cellar still got a wine jam with 120 bottles of wine to find room for in the next week or so. I’ve moved all the “don’t drink until next year” wine to the lower shelves. Backs killing me.
            Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              most;y moved.......

the crusher destemmer would nt fire up today......

lots of WD40 and TLC

fired up eventually
              I have never heard a hammer called TLC before
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Hmmm. you are making me nervous now. I have two tons to do on Sunday. I think I might go outside and polish my hammer this evening.
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Lots of racking and a little bottling today.

Even less room than I had pre-Grapefest last year.

Oh well, it'll be alright on the night.
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by mark g View Post
                    I started two gallons of ground coffee wine this weekend

this thread is "What's going on in your winery today" .. you are clearly have an apothecary!

Comment

• This morning (at 6.55 am) the new shed arrived. Into this will go all the kids junk, lawnmower, bikes etc that takes up space in the other metal shed. That shed has now received full household permissions to become a proper winery.

So this weekend the transformation gets underway. Shed up, new insulated wooden roof on the winery, insulated walls etc etc.

Oh and thinking about which grapes to order this year at GF.

Very excited.
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Good luck with the winery conversion Simon. Pressure is on to get it finished in time for Grapefest

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• A frenzy of bottling today. 60 ish bottles done.

I have just realised it has been a complete waste of time. I have nowhere to store the empty DJs, so they have just gone back to sit where they were when they were full. So, no space gained there, plus I now have 60 full wine bottles to find room for
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                            A frenzy of bottling today. 60 ish bottles done.

I have just realised it has been a complete waste of time. I have nowhere to store the empty DJs, so they have just gone back to sit where they were when they were full. So, no space gained there, plus I now have 60 full wine bottles to find room for

Can't they just go to the same place where you stored the empty ones
                            Simon
                            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• I wish!
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Just started 1 gallon of Elderberry & plum.

ingredients
                                1lt-red grape juice.
                                1kg-elderberries.
                                1kg-plums.
                                800g-sugar.
                                1tsp-pectic enzyme.
                                1tsp-youngs super wine yeast compound.
                                2 or 3tbs-glycerine(optional)
                                water.
                                Method: wash the berrys & plums,then add to a pan with water and bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 mins,then strain and press the fruit pulp through fine muslin,and leave to cool,then dissolve half the sugar in a pan with a pint of water and leave to cool,then add to the DJ with the grape juice and berry & plum juice, pectic enzyme and wine yeast compound,fit the airlock and ferment for a week then make some sugar syrup with the rest of the sugar,leave to cool then add to the DJ,top the DJ up to the neck with cold tap water,fit the airlock and fully ferment out.
                                Note: when fermenting as stopped rack and leave to mature for at least 12 months.
                                I some times add 2 or 3 tbs of glycerine per gallon.

Comment

Working...
                                X