Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a nice looking Press Pete. You will have to let us know how you get on with it.

I've got a second hand home made screw press that did ok last year but I'm thinking about an upgrade too. Not going to happen in time for Grapefest but maybe for dealing with some of Brians frozen grapes.

Can't seem to get any work done today. Too busy mentally going over Grapefest preparations ready for Saturday as determined to be better organised than last year.

Comment

• Well, it looks decent enough quality. Only a pair of spacer blocks supplied, but I'm sure I can make a few more up from old offcuts of wood.

The Boots press was 6 litre capacity, and a 5 gal batch would take some time. Hopefully 3 x capacity will help.

All I need to do now is locate a dozen missing half-bottles of port. I just need one of them for my presentation, but can I find them? How is it possible to lose that many bottles of wine (rhetorical - I have done it on many occasions)?
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• More GF prep:

Plastic sheets and tie-downs for the car.

Box full of kit (funnel, sulphite, Rohapect etc.)

Clothes packed (away tomorrow, home only for a couple of hours before leaving for GF).

Painkillers packed.

Final (I hope) order placed with Karl.

Final ingredients for the 2nd runs purchased.

Everything feels under control, which means I have forgotten something
        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• speeeeeling ;o)

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          More GF prep:

Final (I hope) order placed with Karl.
          DOH! Knew there was something i was forgetting!!!

KARL - incoming PM shortly!!!

/facepalm
          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
            Box full of kit (funnel, sulphite, Rohapect etc.)
            As a matter of interest, whats the funnel for?
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• New winery shed conversion more or less finished. Well enough for reception of this years grapes at least. Now need to get on with GF prep proper. Pete has shocked me by his readiness.
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
                As a matter of interest, whats the funnel for?
                Just In Case
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Funel and hose? Pete's new drinking game..

Comment

• There's an idea. A yard of port.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Funel and hose? Pete's new drinking game..
                      Genuine LOL there Rich!!!

Not going to be the same this weekend without you dude! Will try to uphold the GF spirit (or should that be spirits) high!!
                      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveH View Post
                        Not going to be the same this weekend without you dude! Will try to uphold the GF spirit (or should that be spirits) high!!
                        I know. Why doesn't Rich give us his home number and then we can call him at a sensible time. You know, to help pass on some GF spirit n all.

Sorry you won't be there Rich.
                        Simon

Comment

• I'll be at work till midnight! Friday through to Wednesday

I've bought a few kits off Karl though this year, with moving house a few months ago I've not had chance to make them. In the last week though I've got most of my bottling done from last years GF wines and started a couple of kits off.

Comment

• Strained the fruit out of the wine for my very first elderberry wine and used the pulp to have a go at a 2nd run with a litre of each red grape juice and apple. Fingers crossed, i don't know if either will be any good!

Comment

• GF red starters .... errr ... started.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• 6 different yeast starters on the go for GF. 3 red, 2 rose and 1 white.

Van is loaded and I'm off to bed, alarm set for 4am

Comment

Working...
                                X