Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a superberry rose on, racked my lychee wn1 and my soft fruit red wn3 variant all with the help of my 2 day old son, Spencer. . I think three brewers assistants is enough now!

Comment

• Merlot and Cabernet finally arrived today. Syrah should show up in a couple of weeks. I'm a happy camper.

Steve

Comment

• I'm not jealous at all
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I have fermenter envy!!!
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I'm jealous........but I should be getting the first of Brians frozen grapes this month

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              I have fermenter envy!!!
              Is it envy of the actual fermenters? Or whats IN the fermenters.

Maybe both, certainly is for me. They look like very nice fermenters too.
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
                They look like very nice fermenters too.
                Lol, they are actually food-grade trash bins (is that an oxymoron?) from the local hardware mega-store. I like them because they have wheels and can be easily rolled from one place to another. In the off-season I have to store them with signs on top saying "do not put trash in me" just so Mrs. K doesn't use them for their intended purpose.
                Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                  In the off-season I have to store them with signs on top saying "do not put trash in me" just so Mrs. K doesn't use them for their intended purpose.
                  I see your point. I really like the idea of wheels on the fermenters though. Just had a little browse for my next 'essential' purchase.
                  Simon
                  "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
                    Put a superberry rose on, racked my lychee wn1 and my soft fruit red wn3 variant all with the help of my 2 day old son, Spencer. . I think three brewers assistants is enough now!
                    Congratulations !!
                    I bet Spencer was a great help
                    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
                      I see your point. I really like the idea of wheels on the fermenters though. Just had a little browse for my next 'essential' purchase.
                      I have one of those plant pot wheel things, that can help move stuff around
                      I think it was about a fiver from Wilko's
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                        Congratulations !!
                        I bet Spencer was a great help
                        thanks! He hasn't got the hang of syphoning yet, but we'll get there in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
                          Put a superberry rose on, racked my lychee wn1 and my soft fruit red wn3 variant all with the help of my 2 day old son, Spencer. . I think three brewers assistants is enough now!
                          Congratulations.
                          It won't be long before they graduate from 'assistant' to 'taster' - and then you'll need some more fermenting bins.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                            Congratulations.
                            It won't be long before they graduate from 'assistant' to 'taster' - and then you'll need some more fermenting bins.
                            Yes indeed. My 8 year old was swirling his apple juice around his glass this morning saying mmm I'm getting apples and wine fruit. Classic.
                            Simon

Comment

• Hi folks. Not been online for ages and ages so hope it is okay to pop in for a chat.
                              www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

• Made 2 gallons of sloe wine from last years sloes.
                                I picked and washed then froze sloes last year
                                ingredients,makes two gallons.
                                2kg-ripe sloes.
                                1lt-strawberry ribena.
                                2lt-red grape juice.
                                1.5kg-white sugar.
                                2tsp-pectic enzyme.
                                1tsp-ritchies yeast.
                                1tsp-yeast nutrient.
                                water.
                                Method: make a sugar syrup with half of the sugar,then add the frozen sloes to the FV and pour the hot sugar syrup over the sloes cover and leave to cool,when cool add the rest of the ingredients stir then cover,and then stir two times a day for ten days,after one week add the rest of the sugar in a syrup form when cool,after ten days strain and press the pulp and add the fermenting liquid to the DJs top up to the neck with cold tap water,fit the airlocks and fully ferment out.
                                when fermenting as stopped rack and mature for at least 12 months

Comment

Working...
                                X