Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was worried that no cold weather would be forthcoming.
    Yeah I am going to open some doors today, and polish my racking hose !
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      ...and polish my racking hose !
      There's something distinctly naughty sounding about that, lol.

Cleaning up my winemaking area over the weekend, I was surprised to find a few random mouse droppings. So today I'll be laying out some traps.
      Steve

Comment

• Lol
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
          random mouse droppings.
          Now thats annoying. Happy hunting.
          Simon
          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• The Mouse was random....or the droppings?
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Truthfully, I didn't ask. I would prefer he leave the droppings in his little mouse crapper, though.

The traps have been set.
              Steve

Comment

• N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
                  Have transferred all my 2012 wines to the uninsulated shed for a spot of cold stabilisation. Hoping for some sub-zero temperatures this week. Am very relieved as I was worried that no cold weather would be forthcoming.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3028[/ATTACH]
                  Sorry if this is off topic but can anybody point me towards a discussion about what temp wines should be stored at for bulk maturation please?

Comment

• The most important thing is that you protect the wine from large temperature fluctuations

Cooler is better than hotter but stable temps are what you want to try and achieve.

regards
                    Bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• ...and it does make a difference!

Comment

• Just started
                        ingredients makes 2 gallons
                        1lt-strawberry ribena.
                        1lt-5 alive tropical fruits blend.
                        1lt-ocean spray blueberry juice.
                        2lt-red grape juice.
                        2kg-sugar.
                        1tsp-ritchies wine yeast(per DJ)
                        1tsp-yeast nutrient(per DJ)
                        water.
                        Method: make a sugar syrup with half of the sugar then leave to cool,then divide all the fruit juices &
                        grape juice into the DJs and add the divided sugar, yeast & nutrient fit the airlocks and ferment for a week
                        then make a sugar syrup with the rest of the sugar when cool divide and add to the DJs and top up with cold
                        tap water to the neck of the DJs,fit airlocks and fully ferment out.
                        Note: when fermenting as fully stopped rack and mature for at least 6 months.
                        IMAG0001-022.jpg

Comment

• Hoping to do some bottling this weekend. I have 6 gal Pinot Grigio and 6 gal Sauvignon Blanc that has nicely cleared.
                          Steve

Comment

• Bottled 15 litres of Pinot Grigio style juice wine - 12 bottles, 1 5litre BIB & 2 tiny sample bottles

Started another 15 litre batch but a blush version this time.
                            Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

• My Grapefest wines have been sitting indoors, unsulphited, hopefully undergoing ML.

No time and no chromatography paper this year, so everything has been given a generous dose of sulphiite and moved to the garage.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Finally started my Choc Orange port kit that I got last year. Then lined up the other kits that I have waiting to go on.

Comment

Working...
                                X