X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just started two gallons of Rice & Raisin wine in the FV
    I will add the brown sugar in a week

Comment

• I have run out of things to drink, so I need to go and do some bottling!

Last year's English white wine is crystal clear and ready for racking.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• The winery has reopened after it's Christmas holidays. Put on a wine number one and two of the Kenridge limited editions the Californian red and the three vinyard Italian white and there's another one waiting at the HBS. Bottled the elderberry wine hope the nose gets better in time. Although the fruit and berry smell is there there's a sort of caramel/toffee and cherry smell too. This was on experiment of some picked fruit and some dried elderberries. It's very tawney port in colour but it's had no light or air must be the dried berries.
        Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• This recipe makes 2 gallon. Fruit tea wine.
          ingredients
          4lt-white grape juice.
          1.5kg-sugar.
          8-mixed fruit tea bags.
          1-vanilla pod.
          1tsp-GP yeast compound (1tsp per DJ)
          water.
          Method boil 1lt of water in a pan then add half the sugar and stir until the sugar as dissolved split the vanilla pod then add with the fruit tea bags and leave to steep for two hours,when cool strain with a fine strainer then divide into the DJ's add the grape juice and yeast fit the airlocks and ferment for 1 week then make some sugar syrup with the rest of the sugar,when cool divide into the DJ's top up with cold water to the neck fit the airlocks and fully ferment out.
          when fermenting as stopped rack and add finings then rack when clear and mature for at least 6 months. :cheers:

Comment

• Very aware that everything I have his full (ish) there could be some very strange blending going on this year to enable me to make some more at grape-fest

I'm still trying to find something to do with all that cascade ale I made 84 years ago.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Nothing going on in my winery. I broke my ankle in a stupid accident three weeks ago and have been hobbling about on crutches since. Doctor says the soonest I will be fully ambulatory again with be sometime in May.

Just bad timing all around. I have bottling to do!!
              Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                a stupid accident three weeks ago
                care to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                  care to share?
                  I wish it were something exciting like mountain climbing or skiing, but not that great a story really. I was walking down the drive to collect the mail when I hit a patch of ice and went azz over teacups. There were 5 fractures total. Unlike humpty dumpty, the surgeon was able to put me back together again with titanium screws, lol.
                  Steve

Comment

• Yikes. Let I wish you a speedy recovery. With all that time on your hands you can make matchstick models of vineyards equipment !

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      With all that time on your hands you can make matchstick models of vineyards equipment !
                      LoL

Steve - ditto Brian, wishing you a speedy recovery.
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Thanks, gentlemen.
                        Steve

Comment

• Yes, hope you are well soon, Steve.
                          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Meanwhile, Chateau Goldseal is very quiet.

I am still working away, and I have approximately zero spare time when at home.

I hope my sulphiting regime is good, because everything is sitting in the garage awaiting my return.

Lots of bottling to do, a big pile of kits to start - frustrating
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I know the feeling. I really one get outside and rack 3 thanks off grape-fest 2012 after cold stabilisation, before it gets any warmer!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Decided that I need to get the last of last years Limited Edition kits fermented before this years arrive so lunch time I got the Kenridge Spanish Cabernet Sauvignon under way. That only leaves 3 more kits to get going and one of those has an April 2013 expiry date

Comment

Working...
                                X