Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racking 12 gallons of phoenix, some will be still wine and I will sparkle some, turning most into dry sparkly but some will be medium and sweet for next years fed show.

Added some more marmalade to the summer ale, as ferment down to 1.010 (it had a jar of marmaleade added at beginning of ferment) and when femrent is almost over, I will add some elderflower cordial (hoping to replicate badger golden glory)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Ooooooo marmalade has given me an idea.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Cleaning bottles prior to a bottling session later on this week. Not my favourite activity, but it brings the wine one step closer to drinking
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Ooh, just saw the words Badger Golden Glory. Keep me posted
          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• coopers kit started

wilkos forest fruits cider started.

Kampervans larger boiling currently
            With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Bottled a wine number 1 variant and started one off with 2l apple and 1l grape apple and raspberry (from morrisons).

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                Cleaning bottles prior to a bottling session later on this week. Not my favourite activity, but it brings the wine one step closer to drinking

if you didn't let them get dirty they wouldn't need cleaning
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Pitched the yeast in Kampervans lager that I slaved over yesterday. It MIGHT have all gone wrong... the straining bag stuck to the bottom of the boiler... result... when I went to lift it out the bag broke. Gutted

BUT. Whatever it will now be will be 2 gallons of slightly high alc beer.

I think I'm gonna stick to beer kits from now on. Anyone want to buy a lidl boiler? lol
                  With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Nothing today, but I got my keggerator up and running (woohoo) over the weekend. I also chucked about an oz of mixed cascade/EKG into a Cooper's Aussia Pale and a Canadian Blonde (frnar-frnar).
                    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                    -Police Squad

Comment

• Friday: bottled my 2011 Ltd Ed Grüner Veltliner (very promising) and a cheap-and-cheerful paklab Green Apple Riesling (BBQ juice)

Spent 2 days wondering where to store it all
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Started an alsace style from Gerry Fowles winemaking in style (P133)

2l apple juice
                        500ml white grape juice
                        1 gm white oak
                        570g granulated sugar
                        Gervin GV9 yeast

DJ filled to shoulder, will top up later

interested to see how it turns out

recipe calls for white wine enhancer, no longer available
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I'll be interested in the outcome too
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• it wont be ready by friday!
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Got back from offshore to find that my keggerator had lost pressure. Bloody leak from the soda stream to regulator adaptor I got. Brute force and ignorcance (and a length of pipe on a shifter) have been deployed. I may have friction welded the fittings together now though...
                              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                              -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                -----snip-----
                                recipe calls for white wine enhancer, no longer available
                                Do you know exactly what was in this no longer available "white wine enhancer" Bob ?

Could it be something that could be made up from components (individual chems etc) ?
                                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                                X