Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hehe, shrink necks, i do something similar, more like a key/code than co-ordinated.

today i have to make a quick dash to the shops for some grape concentrate and then i'll start a rose petal wine (1 gallon), from dried petals. The better half was intrigued when she saw them in the HBS, and that got me curious too. I didn't find a rose petal wine recipe on WAH so i'll post my version later.
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• rose petal wine is on the go, another first for me. Just a gallon.

OG 1082 - Bob will be pleased that i'm paying attention
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
        Today, I think I'm turning into a Label Ponce . Up to now, my labels have been purely functional (i.e. what is in the bottle - I look at my electronic notes if I want to know any more detail). However, the Selection Ltd Edition kits come with very nice labels, so I have acually been CLEANING THE BOTTLES to make sure they stick nicely, and applying COLOUR CO-ORDINATED shrink capsules. This all takes longer than bottling did

Welcome to MY world
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Colour coordination ... hmmmm ... I could always colour the tops of the corks with a gem marker
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Just racked my fruit red

Just about to degass my kit white
            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• bottled 1 gal of elderberry and racked plum, which appears to be sparklingly clear - methinks that will be bottled soon.

Bottled 5 gal of mild too
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• Racked my Elderberry + Blackberry from primary into DJs.

I was hoping to do a bit of sweetening and bottling (Port, Rhubarb), but Mrs.G (assistant taster) is feeling under the weather. How inconsiderate
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Tell her she needs to shape up!

but please don't tell her it was my idea!
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I have made a note to mention it to her in the morning, when she's at her grumpiest
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• i'm grumpy

and i'm afraid of my whizz stick now

all was fine for the racking, degassing etc of the elderberry & blackberry wine, but when it came to the 100% wild blackberry, well they went wild ....

the whizz stick went
                      the wine went volcanic
                      my eyes went

and i spontaneously yelled "arggh i think i ruined the carpet!"

on the plus side ... it tastes great, sharp and fruity how i like it. i think it'll mellow a little but i'm still optimistic for another beauty, even tho i lost a glass to the carpet grrrr. degassing little by little by hand for a few days methinks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post

and i'm afraid of my whizz stick now

surely that has got to be Freudian!
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• am racking two gallons of Rosehip into DJs, but didnt have any and was getting worried till last night a mate very unexpectedly dropped off 2 very dusty DJs he had been promising for months, so I'm back on it

still cant believe I went down the recycling plant and the moron that works there had just smashed 10 DJs and a 5 gallon DJ.... I have debriefed him now though and future DJs will go my way for 50p a DJ

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post

and i spontaneously yelled "arggh i think i ruined the carpet!"
                            This is precisely why I do my 'whizzing' in the bath (sorry couldn't resist)

Today I shall be hoping to feel better and attempting to:

Test the SG of 5 variations of No1, Finings for 1G wine no 1, Finings for 1G Strawberry, start 1G of red fruit tea bag and red grape wine, Start a rose from red grape and white grape - 2 litres of each to 1G. Start a few gal of pure red grape juice wine. Also see what I can get into bottles.
                            With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• i'll possibly do my whizzing in the bath too from now on

Comment

• Not a lot - just checking some SGs.

The cold weather are stretching out some of the fermentation times, meaning I'm probably going to be in trouble if I haven't cleared all the DJs out of the house and into the garage by Christmas
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X