This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seem to be drinking Seyval eeeek how did that happen! brrr
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Don't worry bernarnold, it'll be fun trying to work them out! Make notes though, otherwise you could be flat on the floor from all of the tasting and forget which is which. Then, you'll have to start all over again ... now you wouldn't want that would you?
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!â€
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
        Then, you'll have to start all over again ... now you wouldn't want that would you?
        Of course I would have to be sure, maybe multiple tastings to compare notes

Comment

• Right now I'm bottling a couple of second runs (Pinot Noir and Shiraz). I've been forced to do so because I need to free up the carboys.

I'm also pulling apple juice out of the freezer tonight to thaw. I'm planning to start a batch of apple ice wine tomorrow.

In addition to the ice wine, tomorrow I also plan to spend time racking Viognier, Chardonnay, and Gewurztraminer into the free-ed up carboys.

Saturday, we're bottling '08 Cabernet and '05 Port.

I think that's about it. Busy busy.
          Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
            All I have to say on this matter is to use luggage lables, th' ole fashioned kind, y' write em out and transfer with th' wine, I tried the lick an stick lables, just curled up and fell right off!, never knew what was what!,(might have been the drink!), but if'n t' lables tied right on there! no worries. message ends.
            Yeah, I use them too ... and write in pencil so that the change of wine just needs an eraser. Yet even luggage labels can fall off ... just ask Heathrow!
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
              Yeah, I use them too ... and write in pencil so that the change of wine just needs an eraser. Yet even luggage labels can fall off ... just ask Heathrow!
              Well, they weren't quite luggage labels, they were more like door hanger ones - think "Do not disturb (fermenting in progress)"

Comment

• boiled carrots and then parsnips and now have two buckets of juice that smell absolutely brilliant. Letting them cool overnight.
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Got to get some racking/bottling done before going away for the weekend
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I have finally been able to bottle the black cherry. It's 13%, a beautiful colour and it tastes rather nice. Of course I've had to set a bottle to one side to really test later with mrs.wisp, needs must and all that , as well as setting the others aside for 24 hours before laying down.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• What black cherry kit was it Wisp?

Goldseal and I got two different kits to play with making into a port. Really must check on mine soon.

Today, we've racked the grapefest wines off the lees and oak. Enjoying a glass of Cili wine, left over from the topping up.

Comment

• Young's. I'm afraid I ditched the instructions and treated it as a number one wine and I am more than pleased with the results. I am really looking forward to tasting it as it matures.

I hadn't thought about turning it into a port. How would one go about that?
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Not sure how it'll turn out, but here is how we done it so far..

Made some of this a while ago, and really didn't keep good notes. Any notes at all even.. So, I'm at it again with a made up recipe, and Pete is doing a his version of it ready for a tasting at grapefest 2010. So, 1 tin of Youngs Black Cherry (6 bottle kit) (From Wilkos, the later style kits with the flavouring already in the

Hopefully preliminary tasting will be at grapefest this year.

Comment

• bottled a gallon of green tea & ginger, one year old. 5 bottles and one half bottle, so we drank the other 500ml, yum yum.

did you bark at the full moon tonight, unusually big one (perigee or something like that), mars was at 9.00 from it too, the brightest thing at that position.
                            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Finally racked this years Rhubarb and raspberry abgain... ..and back sweetened it slightly. Will leave it to settle into its self for a while.

Also raked/stablised my second run red fruit... tastes not too bad initially... but it will be forgotten about after the next racking for a while.

Still got stuff to do... so hopefully, I will get that done tomorrow when I get home from work
                              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I'd just stick self adhesive labels over them
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X