This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ohbeary
    were they stiff plastic? innna pack with a pencil?, I had a couple of packs many years ago, they were great first time round!, just try scrubbing the pencil off em!, they got grubbier with use til I threw the ones that hadn't broken!! in the bin, luggage lables on the other hand are rewriteable up to a point.
    That's the kind of thing, but my ones were cut out of old Christmas cards, so easily replaceable. And easily lost as it turns out!

Comment

• I'm trying to summon up the energy to go and rack 3 carboys of Grapefest red off its oak, but it is warm in here and cold out there
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• filtered now bottling 5 galon of grapfest some rose some red. also started 5 gallon of elderflower from syrup , some is destined to be sparkling
        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Hope to get the last of the '08 Cab in the bottle today. My wife is asking if she can have the kitchen back now.
          Last edited by NorthernWiner; 31-01-2010, 09:11 PM.
          Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
            I'm trying to summon up the energy to go and rack 3 carboys of Grapefest red off its oak, but it is warm in here and cold out there
            Managed 2 carboys
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Managed to find some time for my hobby today rather than it all being work related.
              Bottled 40 pints of Coopers Mexican cervesa, heard great things about this kit so looking forward to it being ready.
              Will next be putting on a wine ~ 1 with elderflowers and a couple of gallon of lychee.
              Richard S is calling over later and we shall be sampling/blending some grapefest 08 grenache & sangiovese, maybe even a taster of 09 ciliwhatsit.
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Duff, I've made that Mexican kit a while ago. I seem to remember it being good! Thanks to your tip to put lager type kits in bottles rather than a keg!!

Today in my winery.. I've brought inside some Elderberry to warm up, along with the black cherry port. The Elderberry gets the thumbs up from 'her indoors' even though I think it tastes a bit green.

Black cherry port is tasting good, even before getting any sugar in it!!

Been drinking some of Brian's second run wines tonight from GF09. Beverdale kits fermented with grapeskins

Also, a bottle of '07 Monte. It was very berry like, not bad, but certainly different to the cab sav/merlot!!

Comment

• I've started both the parsnip wine and the carrot wine. The yeast really got stuck in straight from the off.
                  “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

• Putting stuff away today. I popped over to the local HBS to stock up on a few things. Three hours and eighty quid later, I'm back

After hunting for them on the Interweb in vain for ages, I found he stocks 750ml flip-top bottles. These are ideal for early-drinking wine such as Wine No.1, so I now have some (which means I can stop coveting Bob's )
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Hi Goldseal

Do you have a IKEA near you as they sell 1.125L flip-top bottles for £1.99p each ideal for top shelf spirits as well.

Fred.
                      Your Success Our Innovation

Comment

• £80 for flip-top bottles?
                        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Noooooooooooo!!

6 at £1.98 each, plus discounted Chocolate Raspberry Port kit (HIGHLY recommended), 375ml bottles, filter pads, corks, WGC, various yeasts, and ... some other stuff I have already forgotten about
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Well, today I'm scratching my head.

I got a 71B starter going this afternoon. More accurately, I DIDN'T get it going

It's just sitting there, playing dead.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                              It's just sitting there, playing dead.
                              Does it do any other tricks?
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Yep. It's doing a passable impression of sand at the bottom of a (very calm) sea
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X