Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the best of photos, but a starter shouldn't look like this after 10 hours
    Attached Files
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Racked the cider at the weekend. Have about 9 gallons
      Attached Files

Comment

• I really must get some more cider on the go.

Parsnip and Carrot wine look healthy and smell delicious.
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• More bottle cleaning tonight. I'm preparing to bottle more wine this weekend. 2009 Viognier and 2005 Port. Yes, I have some 5-year old port that hasn't been bottled yet.
          Steve

Comment

• ye gods, how long does it take to take out the bins?
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Got another 71B starter going. This one looks much healthier. I'm a bit concerned that the Princes Apple Juice I used for the first one might have sorbate or similar in it, despite nothing being on the label.

Tidying up the winery (aka 'the garage') again. I'm still tripping over unwanted water cooler bottles. Does anybody want them?:

EDIT:
              Originally posted by bruiron View Post
              Hi Goldseal

Do you have a IKEA near you as they sell 1.125L flip-top bottles for £1.99p each ideal for top shelf spirits as well.

Fred.
              Hi Fred. No, the nearest one is miles away. I'm allergic to shopping. If I go near a shop I break out in a rash and I have to go and sit down (in a pub). Oddly though, I don't suffer this reaction in CD shops, book shops and HBSs .
              Last edited by goldseal; 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM.
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                Hi Fred. No, the nearest one is miles away. I'm allergic to shopping. If I go near a shop I break out in a rash and I have to go and sit down (in a pub). Oddly though, I don't suffer this reaction in CD shops, book shops and HBSs .
                rofl, especially the added gem (in a pub). i went in a music shop about erm 4-5 months ago, it wasn't like back in the day; there were hardly any young folks in it just lots of middle aged men.
                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

I'm allergic to shopping. If I go near a shop I break out in a rash and I have to go and sit down (in a pub). Oddly though, I don't suffer this reaction in CD shops, book shops and HBSs .
                  Allergic here as well. Whenever the missus mentions the "s" word, I begin to sweat and feel physically nauseous. I explained her that's why God invented the internet - so we could all shop without having to leave our seats.
                  Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                    Allergic here as well. Whenever the missus mentions the "s" word, I begin to sweat and feel physically nauseous.
                    you didn't seem to be having shopping issues when we visited Northern Brewer and Midwest supplies

N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      you didn't seem to be having shopping issues when we visited Northern Brewer and Midwest supplies

HBSs - they don't count
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• they could count up to £80
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post

True. But they are more like home than most stores. I can chit chat with the staff about things that are interesting. Have you ever tried to do that in, say, a ladies department store?
                          Steve

Comment

• Be careful how you answer that Bob
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                              Have you ever tried to do that in, say, a ladies department store?
                              Well no........

But I'm now worried that you may have
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

HBSs - they don't count
                                I looked after the shop for Karl for two days, and I spent the whole time fighting an urge to buy things
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X