Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I degassed, filtered and bottled a wine no 1 variant.

Not quite sure what category it fits into.

Basic wine number one with pomegranate added. Not dark enough to be a rose, not light enough to be a white. Dry though and smells nice, will be sampling tonight.
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Just finished racking 10 gallons of Gewurztraminer and blended in süsse-reserve juice from the freezer. Yummy! This is a very tasty batch of wine.

Sadly, half of it belongs to my brother-in-law. I wonder if he would notice if I swapped out his half with 5 gallons of defiant, unclearable Plum wine?
      Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by ukric View Post
        Today I degassed, filtered and bottled a wine no 1 variant.

Not quite sure what category it fits into.

Basic wine number one with pomegranate added. Not dark enough to be a rose, not light enough to be a white. Dry though and smells nice, will be sampling tonight.
        i think it was duffbeer that suggested to me that this would be a blush. i'm interested in your results and method ukrik as i'm about to start a couple of wine number 1's. one of which will use pomegranate juice. would you be kind enough to drop into my thread and lend me the benefit of your experience

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ht=wine+number
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• well......

I got the 5 gallons of mourverdre and 5 gallons of maipo valley cab sauv raked filtered and bottled

got 30 bottles and one glass of the mourverdre which is extremely god

and 31 bottles of the cab sauv which is simply STUNNING!

they are both 3 to 4 years old now...the wait is totally worth it

busy day, just waiting for the frozen seyval juice (2 gals of) to thaw into 1 gal, so i can pitch the yeast in this icewine trial
          Attached Files
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• the small bottle between the two big ones is the yeast starter (D47) waiting for the Seyval to thaw

life is good
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• started off a nettle wine
              “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• EEK!

where did you find nettles in the depth of winter?
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Having relocated the 'windery annexe' from the dining room to my office, today I'll mostly be wipng up spilt drops of must which are causing my arms to stick to the desk while I am typing
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    EEK!

where did you find nettles in the depth of winter?

I used nettle tea bags. I've used them before and they worked a treat.

btw, I used a ladle of a fermenting wine for the yeast and it is going great guns. So thanks everyone for your advice, help and pointers.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• trying the sparkle tops i found earlier on ebay. 12 bottles of elderflower now in bottles. so its wait and see
                      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• I have just demi johned three gallons of logun,raspberry and strawberry wine and I have also just demijohned two gallons of pineapple and honey wine, but mainly this week i have been sharpening my aurger to drill a few trees with , lol
                        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Racked 5 gal of # 1 with eflower to BBottle, smells great. Started 2 gal of lychee, never had great success with this so decided to stick strictly to Rich's original recipe, well apart from a little American white oak Started 5 gal of Coopers Irish Stout which smells out of this world, well not to the wife & kids, but to those who appreciate a good guinness... sublime
                          Also had a jolly good tidy up in the wine room, noted a slight whiff of acetification from a box in which I keep bungs airlock etc, so the decent ones got soaked in some VWP & the rest went in the bin.
                          Never realised how much crap I have accumulated over the last 12 months or so.
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• i know that one i went through all my gear over christmas and through a load away, i preferre big bubblers than than the smaller ones but i cant easily clean them out evan with a strong bleach solution so we had a massive throw out of bubblers and chemicals
                            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
                              I have just demi johned three gallons of logun,raspberry and strawberry wine and I have also just demijohned two gallons of pineapple and honey wine, but mainly this week i have been sharpening my aurger to drill a few trees with , lol
                              oooo, tree sap wine? something i've wanted to try for many years!
                              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
                                oooo, tree sap wine? something i've wanted to try for many years!
                                I was only reading about tree sap wine this afternoon ... knowing my luck, I'd kill the poor tree
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X