This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ohbeary
    ??, er, how many lickle tastes have we had?
    If I were to cast THAT critical a gaze over your posts, how many would be left undeleted by the end of the day?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      If I were to cast THAT critical a gaze over your posts, how many would be left undeleted by the end of the day?
      Not to mention the ones that sway so far off topic as to be unrecognizable.

Maybe we need to be a little more scrutinizing of ohbeary's posts, eh Bob?
      Steve

Comment

• good stuff Bob, cheers for that clarification. now i'm going to let the thread get back on topic
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Oh... and in my winery today, I have a pail of brownish Sauvignon Blanc fermenting. I hope it clears up because right now it's the color of a soiled nappy.
          Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
            Oh... and in my winery today, I have a pail of brownish Sauvignon Blanc fermenting. I hope it clears up because right now it's the color of a soiled nappy.
            Too much information!
            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• lots of fiddling about ....
              stabilised the green tea & ginger,
              racked and degassed the mint wine,
              moved the pomegranate wine number 1 to secondary (its going like the clappers - so i watched the bubbles, listened to the airlocks blooping and generally blissed out with it a while - and is a great colour)
              put a heap of bottles in the sink to soak of their labels.
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
                listened to the airlocks blooping
                If you record them and play them when you can't sleep they do wonders
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Transferred a lychee wine from primary to secondary. Made this one from rubicon juice to compare against lychee from fruit. I don't think there's much in it at this stage.
                  With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Continuing my efforts to restart 5 gals of Wine No.1. 2 gals going OK, 1 gal struggling a bit.
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• you CANNOT stop an active ferment! (sorry....but I must correct you in this regard)

sorbate merely inhibits yeast cells budding (reproducing) so any live yeast cells will keep on converting sugar to 51% CO2 and 49% alcohol, one cannot stop active fermentation, one can only inhibit new fermentations
                      Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-02-2010, 11:26 PM.
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• got 6 gallon no1 which i want to add juices from freezer to. lots to play with
                        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
                          (waiting for further correction from my betters).

no-one here is your better!
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I think he meant elders.

I have asked you numerous questions regarding wine. I have also asked OB numerous questions about long term storage, based on your advice, and how those wines will affect my grandson - who has digestive problems.

I like the information I get from both of you.

I also value the information I get from both of you.

Peace, please.

A good chef and an international wine judge?

A good relationship that is waiting to form; add to that MS67.
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by ukric View Post
                              Transferred a lychee wine from primary to secondary. Made this one from rubicon juice to compare against lychee from fruit. I don't think there's much in it at this stage.
                              Forgive my ignorance but what is rubicon juice? I always thought that rubicon meant a point of no return.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

• No problem OB. I suggest we begin with a clean slate (or tabula rasa), if you will.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X