• erm
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• got a gallon of this somewhere in shed.will have to find to sample
        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Filtering and bottling this evening. Five gallons Riesling (filtering) and 10 gallons Gewurztraminer (filtering and bottling).

Though I find myself taking frequent breaks and procrastinating...
          Steve

Comment

• Hey! 3000 posts! Wheee... look at me!

Ok... back to work now.
            Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
              Filtering and bottling this evening. Five gallons Riesling (filtering) and 10 gallons Gewurztraminer (filtering and bottling).

Though I find myself taking frequent breaks and procrastinating...
              If you find that procrastinating bothers you, leave it 'til later
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• I THINK I managed to save all of my stuck Wine No.1.

Took delivery of my impulse-buy - a Kenridge Showcase Petit Verdot/Cab Sav kit. It'll have to sit with the other kits in the garage until I have the space indoors to get it going.
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A nice and steady start to the day just bottled 1 gallon of the Merlot from grapefest

Comment

• Racked off 5 gallons of Carrot wine, which tastes lovely, to bulk age. I'm not sure how long to leave it before bottling. It is crystal clear and 13.5%.

I'm not sure whether the Parsnip [5 gallons] has stuck or not. The air lock has stopped bubbling but there are bubbles on the surface of the wine. The wine was at 19 C. So just in case, I've given it a good stir and added a little more yeast nutrient.

The Nettle wine [2 gallons] will be racked later and stabiliser and campden will be added.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• racking, degassing and fining 5 gallons of green tea & ginger. this was meant to be my improved brew, lower ABV etc. its got some way to go yet, but tastes lighter than its first incarnation. will be curious about it in a couple or three months. not sure i would say it seems like it'll be better, not worse either, just different - a little lighter. anyway, time will tell and it's a worthwhile exercise. Perhaps ginger can carry a higher ABV better than fruit/flowers?
                      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Today I'm filtering and bottling 10 gallons of Grenache Rosé. It's a very pretty wine - a darker shade than most rosés. I would call it garnet.
                        Steve

Comment

• Racked and stopped 2 gallons of nettle wine with stabiliser and campden tablets. Have placed it on a cold floor to try and help with clearing.

The Parsnip wine has kicked back into action.
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Talking of wineries I was interested to read Cyril John James Berry's views on equipment for the winery.

In his book 'First Steps in Winemaking' (6th Edition, 1981, p. 54) he states that "[a] wooden paddle is useful for stirring, so is a plonker for pushing down pushing down the cap of fruit during mashing."

Now I don' have a wooden paddle, but I do have a plastic/nylon spoon which seems to serve the purpose very well indeed. That, however, leaves me in need of a plonker, so if any volunteers are free a week on Saturday ....

TAXI!
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• So that's what Del meant when he called Rodney a "plonker", who'da thunk it, Rodney a brewer!
                              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• My Winery is more like a Hospital for Sick Fermentations at the moment - 5 DJs undergoing a restart, 1 about to, 2 crawling slowly along, and only one carboy doing what it should be doing (albeit slowly).

I can't start anything else until these Bed Blockers are out of the way
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X