Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wisp mate, i'm a big country wine fan, hardly make anything but country wines, but its funny as hairy eyebrows seeing your post after steve's uber serious looking stuff!

btw, beaverdale shiraz in my glass tonight so i'm not being a knob, the contrast is just funny ... darn it, have i really drunk 3/4 of the bottle, hic!

lovely labels, like the first one best <<< serious wine makers comment of the night .... hmmmm.

arggg time for bed methinks!
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
      ...funny as hairy eyebrows...
      I love that expression. Vastly underused over here. Might have to steal it.
      Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
        wisp mate, i'm a big country wine fan, hardly make anything but country wines, but its funny as hairy eyebrows seeing your post after steve's uber serious looking stuff!

btw, beaverdale shiraz in my glass tonight so i'm not being a knob, the contrast is just funny ... darn it, have i really drunk 3/4 of the bottle, hic!

lovely labels, like the first one best <<< serious wine makers comment of the night .... hmmmm.

arggg time for bed methinks!

And I've already made my labels - little motley bits of paper glued on top of old labels with 'Plonk - red' written on them in green felt tip pen! So there!

The labels do look brilliant though Ace.
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• I can testify that the stuff inside those Columbia court bottles tastes as good as it looks from the outside.
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• You're too kind, Bob.

I just hide all the nasty stuff under the stairwell.
            Steve

Comment

• i wonder if it is an expression (the hairy eyebrows one) that crept into my consciousness while i was drunk, or whether i made it up .... hmm maybe i should make more contributions after a few drinks. on second thoughts no, i always find myself a little uneasy about what i did/said when i wake up after a little session!

regardless, please take it and circulate widely
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• An evening of SG testing, 8 gallons all between 0.998 & 0.992. Disaster with one though... found out I'm off to B&Q for some copper pipe tomorrow
                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• You want us to circulate your hairy eyebrows?
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                    (I don't label all my bottles - only about half of them)
                    Cracking labels Steve... but why do you only label half of them ??
                    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Nettle wine clearing a treat. Yeast tearing into my Cranberry and blueberry wine. Added yeast to the Christmas tea wine.
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                        Cracking labels Steve... but why do you only label half of them ??
                        Cheapness on my part, I'm afraid. I only bring out the labeled ones for company or give-aways. The wife and I drink the rest and we don't care much about the outside of the bottle.
                        Steve

Comment

• been buying cherrygood in our household too, yummy juice. haven't thought of brewing with it (bizarrely - i must be going mad). would a wine num 1 with 1 litre cherrygood and RGJ make a nice rose ... hmmm .... ta for the stimulation

Comment

• Yeast tearing into my Christmas tea wine. Hope to get another 5 gallons of cranberry and blueberry started later or tomorrow.
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• filtering 9 gallon of various to bottle tomorrow.
                              http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                              http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Started to de-frost 20lb of greengages for a 5 gallon batch
                                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Working...
                                X