Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm taking up goldseal's slack and doing some bottling this weekend.

15 gallons of Pinot Noir and 6 gallons Syrah (and maybe some port). One of them will be entered in our winemaking club's "nouveau" comp next week.

Yay! I can almost see the floor in my wine room again.
    Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
      Racked 5 gal of Pinot grigio....
      Back sweetened 3 gal of rhubarb and raspberry...

Still have to rack 5 gal of Pinot grigio...
      And 5 gal of blackberry/elderberry...

Still have to bottle 3 gal of tropical, and 3 gal of classic wine number one.
      Oh... and the sloe gin needs to be sorted .....
      And the port needs to be tested too....
      Since this... which was only 2 days ago (deffo back into the swing of things now ) , I have :
      Filtered rhubarb and raspberry
      Filtered blackberry/elderberry
      Racked the second lot of Pinot grigoio....

Slowly getting there... a bottling frezny is called for...
      I think this may be tomorrow
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Boiled some water, broke my 1 gallon auto-syphon

Apparently the little widget thing in the bottom doesn't like hot water and pops out of it's hole, rendering auto syphon just a normal syphon. Tried to get it back in and broke the clips.
        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• busy times have eased off enough for me to rack the beaverdale shiraz, and get some RGJ etc on the lees for another cheapskate rose.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
            busy times have eased off enough for me to rack the beaverdale shiraz, and get some RGJ etc on the lees for another cheapskate rose.
            I'm running just behind you on the Beaverdale. feels a bit dirty eyeing up the lees...

Racked and stabilised Wine number 2 (as per instructions) and measured teh SG on the plum, Beaverdale Cab Sauv, and Lychee, which should be ready for racking tomorrow.

PS. The Lychee tastes blinding atm. I'm a big fan of lychees and since everyone goes on about them being only availible at chinease new year I've been buying 2 cans a day and hiding them at work (so the missus doesn't think I've gone mental). Instead the boss opened the drawer and found 6 cans of lychees now thinks I'm completely mental.
            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
            -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post

PS. The Lychee tastes blinding atm. I'm a big fan of lychees and since everyone goes on about them being only availible at chinease new year I've been buying 2 cans a day and hiding them at work (so the missus doesn't think I've gone mental). Instead the boss opened the drawer and found 6 cans of lychees now thinks I'm completely mental.
              Brilliant !!!
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Just racked the Elderberry and Orange melomels, Elderberry was a little "oily" but I think I've fixed that... The Orange was a little "tasteless" so bit the bullet and topped up with a whole carton of Tropicana. There was plenty of "zest" there so once clear should be back on track with plenty of flavour too

Orange due to be bottled about February next year, Elderberry in about 4 years maybe

Then went on to rack the Blachcurrant, Apple, Orange and Ginger wines and the Blueberry melomel...
                All seem good so back into storage again

All due for bottling December time, can't wait...

I have started an "Elderberry and Black Grape" melomel, may take at least 5 years before this ones ready though...
                Full of body and flavour though
                ex ovo omnia
                Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

• Not much today, apart from some mopping-up. A 1/2 bottle of my Fruit Merlot blew its cork out .

This was a lowish-alcohol 2nd Merlot 2nd run, with strawberries and raspberries. It was sorbated and sweetened, but the tough old K1V-1116 used for fermentation must have resurrected itself.

This is annoying because I was going to bottle the main 5 gal batch tomorrow. It shows zero signs of refermentation, but maybe I should wait a bit longer.
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Started an Ancient Orange and Spice Mead,stabilised the Beaverdale cab sauv, sweetened a wine number 2 and realised the I messed up with my hydrometer readings before and have basically rendered all the previous readings moot Ah well, the main part of the King of Yeasts was for me to learn some stuff and I guess I've learned something lol!

Still, as with all adversity, best to press onwards!
                    -Police Squad

Comment

• racked 5 gallons of green tea & ginger. huge improvement on last year's run .... really huge, and i loved last years run too! enjoying a young bottle tonight.
                      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Plate-spinning today.

Filtered & bottled 5 gals of MFK and 1.5 gals of Seyval, bentonited another gal of Seyval, racked and degassed a gal of Lychee, all at the same time.

The Seyval has been a pain - a swine to get clear juice from the gunk before fermentation, reluctant to clear afterwards, and today it blocked my Harris filter after a litre, despite looking crystal clear. Live and learn
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Racked my lychees into a DJ and managed to find 2 Finest Christmas Puds in Morrisons for a quid each. RESULT!
                          -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                            Plate-spinning today.
                            Drat! Now I have plate-spinning music stuck in my head.
                            Steve

Comment

• Racked a parsnip for the second time....dropping out real good, don't know why people have so much trouble clearing it.

Had a little taste, and it will be good
                              Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• 1 gallon california connoisseur zinfandel blush started
                                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Working...
                                X