X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    I was going to bottle my WE Pacific Quartet
    I had that planned too for this off shift (my PQ, not yours.) I'll go and check I've got corks and bottles I think. Down to my last 2 bottles from the last lot!

I've got a couple of DJ's to bring in and sort, the black cherry port and some elderberry. Trying to get everything sorted before grapefest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
      Trying to get everything sorted before grapefest.
      Are you coming now?

If so I'd better get my Black Cherry Port sorted too
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
        Are you coming now?

If so I'd better get my Black Cherry Port sorted too
        Not right now.. end of September At the moment it's all on.

Comment

• the gales blew the bramble off our shed roof, so i had to sort that out, stunned to find no damage done at all and all the fruit is healthy. thats all the winery related business ...

at the time the gales blew in we were camping at a festival, that was a fun night, somewhat intuitively i put up the tent as if i were expecting gales (every loop and rope pegged down rather than the usual fair weather pegging). so we could just enjoy the fantastic soundscape. Plenty of first time campers turned up during the gale, but being festival nature loving types none that i heard of were put off by the experience.

all of which explains why brewing has seen no action for a while, and i didn't even mention the surfing yet.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• De-Labelled and Washed the rest of the clear glass bottles (about 40).

Started soaking some more of the green ones.

Comment

• Getting my bottles ready for the local horticultural show this Saturday
              Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• The winery sleeps for now as I'm gearing up for all grain brewing. I've also taken to making bread. Tonight I'm making baguettes.

Bread making: It begets baguettes (say it to yourself)
                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                -Police Squad

Comment

• use some of your spent grian as a filler in a loaf or two. There is no need to reduce your flour or anything. The is not much gluten left so all you need to do as add about a cup to a loaf if making a darker beer a 1/2 cup makes a terrific bread.
                  http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                    use some of your spent grian as a filler in a loaf or two. There is no need to reduce your flour or anything. The is not much gluten left so all you need to do as add about a cup to a loaf if making a darker beer a 1/2 cup makes a terrific bread.
                    O_O

Cracking idea.
                    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                    -Police Squad

Comment

• learning as 1/3 of my wines have oxidised. ok so fill them all up and keepa decent sulpide level (need a kit maybe)
                      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Racked, degassed and stabilised 3 gallons of elderflower wine, this one following the same recipe as last year attempt. Comparing to a late addition, different yeast, different fruit juice combo, different acid addition, quick drinker, will be fun ... especially as last years was uber.

drinking 2nd run on fruit (and lees) elderberry & blackberry rosé from last year. delicious.
                        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Started up 3 gallons of Blueberry & Cranberry Blush.

And took lots of video clips of the process. 'bout time I got back into making little movies, tho i don't think i'll start editing it tonight! The blog is coming along really nicely now.

Comment

• So far this morning.. Pacific Quartet, Petite Verdot, Elderberry, Black Cherry Port and a late addition strawberry all filtered. Bottles washed and draining, Bottling to happen a bit later.

Comment

• Bottled a gallon of Green Tea & Ginger Wine

Comment

• Washing....and washing bottles. I don't know who let them go so long.
                                Hootus est

Comment

Working...
                                X