This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I;

Racked and degassed a few Wn1 variants (gooseberry, lychee, elderflower)
    Racked Luna Rossa to secondary (smells massive)

Started a Raspberry Rose style thing of my own creation (from Polish raspberry syrup amongst other things).

Started a blackcurrant juice concoction from Lidl juice drink.

Comment

• wild black forest fruit wine.

Just put a gal of wine to clear,i made from ALDI'S black-forest frozen fruit.
      The last batch was to taste.
      This weekend i hope to go picking raspberrys if it's not,before i have
      aof my wine and listen to my favourite,deep purple.

Comment

• Racked filtered and bottled 5 gallons of 09 Ciliegiolo

this batch was oaked ever so lightly, there was some left over.....so i had a taste......very pleasantly surprised.

yum scrum
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Started a fruit wine kit. Within an hour of starting the airlock is happily busy.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Nothing yet.

I'm trying to summon up the energy to bottle my Ltd Edition Pacific Quartet.

Another cup of tea first, I think .....
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• The tea worked.

Bottled my Pacific Quartet. Just. After filtering, we had a power cut. It happened just has I was prepping the Enolmatic, so it was back to gravity and a bottling stick.

Also filtered and bottled a Wine No.1 + Elderflower, and the Black Cherry Port. Some of the latter will be coming to Grapefest for a taste-off against Rich's version.
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Blending Hawthorn Blossom Wine and Citrus Wine. Then bottling, then drinking, then wine-making blogging ...
                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Took the lidls jam maker out for a spin with an asda coolbox. BAsically wanted to work out the kinks (Young Man!) before Rich and me try a real beer with it.

Think I may find this AG lark a bit hard going. I'm finding it difficult not to edit the recipe on the fly by adding more and more hops. They smell SOOOOooo good.

PS: Did anyone else hear The Kinks 'Apeman' on radio 2 on Friday afternoon? I'm 100% certain it was the album version where he does NOT say "The air pollution is a fogging up my eyes." I'll let you fill in the repalcement for fogging...
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

• Careful on those Hop additions dude, its like Oak, once its in there, its difficult to get out

Big racking/filtering/bottling day planned today (36 Gallons Ciliegiolo and 45 gallons Merlot)

(however I'm still sat in my dressing gown, so had better get dressed and get moving!)

after I have gone to the shop for some milk as I used the last in the tea in front of me

Then we are all set
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Sounds a fun day Bob, I'm off to work.

Comment

• Had a bit of an "organise stuff" morning....brought all empty glass carbuoys upstairs from cellar, will (in future) just ferment in 1 gal glass and 5 gal better bottles inside the house, and all Glass (12 gallon and 5 gallon) will be in the winery. Brought all the 60 litre buckets and 120 litre plastic fermenting bins up from the cellar, and into winery.

Have a mixed fruit Port and a Turkish Black cherry (4 yrs old ....under airlock and still not degassed) in the cellar, when they are finally finished, there will be no glass DJ's over 1 gallon capacity inside the house. All bulk ageing will happen in the winery.

the cherry is destined for port production, once I rack the 06 Sangiovese out of the barrel.
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Not much going on today, but I did upload two rather spiffy videos of my brewday.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Rolling boil on the Lidl Jam maker.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Yup, it's on the wall, that is how strong the fermentation is. Rather I couldn't figure how to rotate the video. Listen to the mighty seagul serrenade my fement with its beguiling call.
                          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                          -Police Squad

Comment

• Just under 10lb of rhubarb washed, chopped, bagged and into the freezer.

10lb of last year's elderberries taken out of the freezer, steam juiced, and the resulting 4l of juice lightly sulphited and put back in the freezer
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Bog all, mainly because I'm stuck in truck at the IE in Brandon, just up the road from Lakenheath.

Damn! I hope those noisy gits, the USAF don't do night time training flights.....

regards

jtfb
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Was meaning to get the Xmas pud wine started, bottle a couple of WN1 variants and a mondego red.

None of this happened.

We stumbled upon a rather large patch of ripe blackberries at the weekend and came home with 1.5kg! I decided to make these into jelly after much contemplation.

There will be more blackberries later in the year that can be wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X