No, apparently I'm some sort of Artist
    Yes, I've heard that!
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• stabilized a gallon of rose hip
      added bentonite to 2 gallons of apple ,
      you will start to clear damm you
      Last edited by Pad; 17-09-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• More GF preparation today.

RGC bought for starter preparation; Youngs Black Cherry kit bought for 2nd run port; minichest freezer intalled in the summerhouse.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• another black cherry port eh? Hmm

Comment

• Fining (or not) various different Rosé and Elderflower brews. Some of the experimental brews differing only by a single factor, e.g. acid choice or yeast variety. Not long 'til the only test that really matters. Looking forward to this, only a single difference between brews all but ensures the results are conclusive.
            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• pete do you want elderberries juiced as have some free time and doubt they will store till next week
              http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
              http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Started 2 Gallon Lychee and one gallon Gooseberry.
                Racked one gallon Beaverdale Merlot and one gallon Beaverdale Sauvigngno Blanc.

Comment

• 1 Ton of Tempranillo and Grenache grapes (80% Tempranillo, 20% Grenache) arrived this morning first thing....

Judging at Lincoln Federation today, so processing will begin when I get home
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    1 Ton of Tempranillo and Grenache grapes (80% Tempranillo, 20% Grenache) arrived this morning first thing....

Saw your mention of this on FB Bob.

Having never hauled fruit/veg (only ever done milk in fridge trailers), I've no conception of how large a quantity that is, or how much juice you'd get from that lot......

Either way, sounds like it should be good......... just add honey and bingo, king of the pyments

regards

jtfb
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      1 Ton of Tempranillo and Grenache grapes (80% Tempranillo, 20% Grenache) arrived this morning first thing....

Yay!
                      Steve

Comment

• playing with wine filtration systems , home made
                        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Currently steam extracting 15lb of elderberry.

regards

jtfb
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by kampervan View Post
                            pete do you want elderberries juiced as have some free time and doubt they will store till next week
                            I don't want to put you to any trouble Ian. If you take the time to steam them, I think you should use them in your own wine
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• All processed and ICV-D254 yeast starter pitched

crusher destemmer cleaned (that was the hardest bit)

thanks to Crusher and Karl for helping out.

I have 2X 350 litre bins and one X 210 litre bin full of tempranillo grenache...

Tired and off to bed....
                              Last edited by lockwood1956; 19-09-2010, 10:22 PM.
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• sorry pete jobs done and thanks for saving me the use of kitchen cause if i didnt juice the berries i would not have found the bombs. 5 ltr elderberry on its way.
                                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X