X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kampervan View Post
    broke drill doing apples so will have to go to b&q in morning
    When you get there, see if they've got any cheap "garbage disposal units", they make brilliant apple crushers......

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• On the go at the moment:

2 gallons of beetroot wine
      2 gallons of Victoria plum wine
      1 gallon of peapod wine
      1 gallon of guava wine - this is taking an age to ferment
      5 gallons of lychee wine
      1 gallon of blackberry wine - fruit collected by my daughter and her daughter, nearly 2, and her son, nearly 4. This is going to be spot on.
      5 gallons of pomegranate and cranberry wine
      2 gallons of carrot wine - could someone please revive Bob?
      5 gallons of parsnip wine - oh damn, call him an ambulance ... "Bob, you're an ambulance!" I know, I'll get me coat!

I think that's all at the moment. I used the revised WaH Cyril J J Berry recipes for some of them. They were pretty spot on with the sugar for a 1.080 starting SG. Cheers.
      Last edited by wisp; 03-10-2010, 12:48 AM.
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
        When you get there, see if they've got any cheap "garbage disposal units", they make brilliant apple crushers......
        What a good idea.
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Racked the Merlot into a Better/Charity Bottle. Realised that my Fog Ducker IPA has been 3 weeks in the primary so bottled that. Tastes nice and once the Hops evolve a little (Amarillo and Williamete 60 IBU's) I think it'll be a goodun.

Also found the card from the courier saying my recent malt shipmet was sitting in a depo because I wasn't in. Noooooooooooo.......

Ah Well, I could do with a walk next week, burn off a few beer calories.

Going to have a look at postage costs and rattle some of this out for Beer Swap.
          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
          -Police Squad

Comment

• moved 5 gallons of Blueberry & Cranberry from primary to secondary.
            Started another 5 gallons of Blueberry & Cranberry
            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Racked a 5 gallon Cantina kit....
              Racked a 3 gallon Pina colada juice wine
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Lots going on yesterday and today...

Pressed a batch of Frontenac (fresh grapes).

Started batches of Lodi Zinfandel and Petite Sirah (fresh grapes).

Emptied a barrel of '09 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon, and refilled with '10 Napa Cab Sauv.

Put in my order for white grape juices. Making quite a bit this year: Viognier, Orange Muscat, Muscat of Alexandria, Gewurz, Chenin Blanc, and Pinot Gris.

I love autumn winemaking.
                Steve

Comment

• All quiet on the winery front!

With apologies to Erich Maria Remarque.

Comment

• Tomorrow...Pressing 50 gallons Merlot and starting a 30 gallon batch of 2nd run on the skins!
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• shuffling 5 gallon batches of blueberry & cranberry quickie wine about. today some went into DJ's. Tomorrow ... more shufflin'
                      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• wine no1 with rasp, bramble, tinned rasp, sloe and 2 gallon of mixed summer fruit
                        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• m&s meal deal wine, le froglet - rose 2009, very tasty

Comment

• Brought the wine number 1 started in April in, finally down to 0.992!

Also the 5 gallons of lychee, also at 0.992.

Ready for finishing over the next week, then bottling (I need the better bottles!)

The xmas pud that I fed and fed and fed with sugar is at 1.000 I don't think it'll go lower as it's been going since last xmas, no movement in months, I think the huge amount of alcohol may have killed the yeasties.

I'm dubious, but it's been so long, there's no movement and at this moment the stuff tastes like very nice paint stripper.
                            Needless to say it'll be kept inside and monitored for a week before anything happens to it.
                            With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Just made the Xmas pudding wine... and stirring a bucket full of fermenting apples to make the apple wine from the 24lbs of apple recipe..
                              Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• I reckon the trick is with the xmas pud to use a decent quality dark xmas pud.
                                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Working...
                                X