This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stabilised and bottled one gallon of the above
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• 3 Gallon batch of Christmas pudding wine started....god I forgot how messy and icky looking it is..

also a two gal batch of wine No1 with some tweaks (i.e. dried apricot addition, and will finish it with some late fruit additions too (likely gooseberry

and a gallon batch of Peach and Orange social wine

all destined for next years competitions

N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Bottled 5 gallons of 'Mewsli Foot' (A gumballhead wheat beer clone with tonnes of Amarillo hops.

Brewed 5 Gallons of DaveH's Cascade Summer Ale.

And got some of the flooring down in the spare room (my official brew room, once the decorating is finished) and since I'm in a flat it's naturally water proof in case of spills
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

• Racked and started degassing ANOTHER 5 gallon batch of Blueberry & Cranberry quickie.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Put together 500mL of Malolactic chromatography solvent.
            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
            -Police Squad

Comment

• Filtering, yes, filtering about 18 litres of .....................
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Just racked 1 1/2 gallons of Honey-dew water melon off the pulp into demijohns..

And while i was at it and had the sterizing solution about,, i bottled my orange mead,,,, 5 bottles (a right mixture!!) and a glass for me
                My first time bottling in donkeys years,, dead pleased!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by waggoner; 23-11-2010, 10:07 PM. Reason: Wrong wine..
                Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Filtered 5 gallons of #1, and 2.5 gallons of some medium/sweet rosé. Minijet has seen better days and seems to be leaking from the inboard pump seal. Time for a different filtering method me thinks.

Comment

• I'm home for the next 5 days, so I plan to bottle like a mad man.
                    Steve

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to our cousins from across the pond.
                      Using up the merlot skins (frozen) from Grapefest, adding some eldeberry and blackberry steamed juice (frozen) and making up a 2 gallon batch.
                      Also going to kick off a 5 gallon Cab Sauvingon Beaverdale (remeber Tesco back in the summer) and making a birthday cake (non-alcoholic) for my son's 7th birthday.
                      I can feel my desire to work out the rest of the day ebbing away as I think about tonights winemaking frenzy.
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Finally, my kitchen is in some sort of order... not completely sorted... but no more dust flying about, so enough order to rack some wine.
                        So, I managed to rack and degass a lychee and a wine number one that I started aaaaaaages ago.
                        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Brought all the DJ's up from the cellar

racking/filtering/bottling

also tidying the cellar and setting up the riddling rack for my sparkly
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Finishing up the last of the bottling this morning.

On the up side, the wine room got a good sorting. I had cases and cases of recycled bottles in the cellar. Almost 20 such cases. I spent 6 hours Friday removing labels and cleaning them. A lot of work, but it certainly de-cluttered the cellar. I can now walk from one end of the room to the other without falling over something.
                            Steve

Comment

• started the last of my california conn kits and brought a lot of fruit from freezer to make a mixed fruit red
                              http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                              http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Bottling beers this morning, ready for the upcoming year of comps
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X