This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
    One of the guys at my work drives a BMW Z3 (or some little BMW Roller Skate) missed 5 days of work because of ice. He lives in the centre of Aberdeen.

Another guy at my work lives further north than inverness, had 2 foot drifts and didn't miss a day of work. He drives a Skoda Octavia and the tires were very nearly bald.

Sports cars do not do well in snow and ice
    I would venture its all BMW's had a few myself and they are all the same.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
      Just started a small 100 pound batch of Petit Verdot from frozen grapes (2008 vintage).

This stuff has some incredible color and I haven't even pitched the yeast yet. I plan to add some of the leftover skins to a WE limited edition Australian Petit Verdot (which I am now glad I procrastinated starting).

Hmmm...... veeeeeeeeeery nice shiney mash tool too !!
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• I have just bottled (and corked!!) my first ever 5 gallon batch of #1 with fresh apple juice. Tastes lovely, looks really clear and the floor corker...worth every penny.

Comment

• The Xmas red is cleared enough from the perspective of my scratchy glasses.

Racked off everything but a litre to ensure min to no sediment. Taste was not quite making it so added a litre of apple juice (as that's all I had) to 20 litres. Mixed then all bottled up.

First sip disappointing, second glass patting my own back. This wines so young I could be arrested, but very surprised with the improvement in taste with the 1 litre of 100% (pastuerized) juice.
          Keep on Truckin

Comment

• They've just called off the Liverpool Fulham game, so that's freed up my day. I'm looking at the snow in the back garden and thinking about disgorging some sparkly, using snow and salt as my freezing mixture.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• De-gassing winexpert international french merlot.

Comment

• Degassing and more degassing! I don't half notice the difference through the winter ferments theres about twice the amount of co2! It certainly seems that way anyway.

Racked a gallon of apple wine this morning as well as 5 gallons of blackberry wine tastes excellent at the moment (made in july this year) and another 6 months and a touch of back sweetening should see my best effort yet.

Just about to start racking and degassing another apple wine..

Comment

• Racked raspberry. Filter lychee and an original number one.
                  Going to bottle for the next few hours and see how far that gets me
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• A very productive day
                    After the racking/filtering session this morning, I bottled a standard number one, Pina Colada, Beaverdale Cab Sav and the Selection Cab Sav
                    I need to bottle my Lychee.....some is in a wine bag.. but the rest needs to be bottled...so I will do that in the morning... or later this morning

Comment

• I should really get some stuff started too... but I dont think I have time... it will have to wait till the new year

Comment

• Originally posted by Former Canuk View Post
                        Taste was not quite making it so added a litre of apple juice (as that's all I had) to 20 litres. Mixed then all bottled up.
                        might be an obvious question, but worth asking just in case.....

it is stabilised right? (sorbate and sulphite?)
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Been trying to get all the racking done since I had some time off from work this last week. Still have 5 carboys left, but they will have to wait until next weekend.

The cap is still coming up strong on the Petite Verdot. At this rate, will probably press Wednesday.
                          Steve

Comment

• Thats me bottled everything that needed bottling, except the Port. I will do that in the new year, unless it keeps snowing, and I dont get away on holiday
                            Anyone for a rain dance ?

Comment

• LockWood,

Late reply, but yes, stabilized. Was somewhat concerned as I am now skint of campden tabs but should be ok. So far so good. Thanks for asking and pointing that out though.
                              Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Have a BlackRock cider on the go, 23 litres. Busting to try it but the airlock is still active. Slow but active. It's been 16 days now, kit says 10-14. Previous advice from Koomber (that was on beer) has me not getting too rushed to keg it (and have a wee sup too). Once activity has quit I'll give it another couple of days. Can only help with the clearing I'd think by doing that.
                                Keep on Truckin

Comment

Working...
                                X