This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowt
    I was all set to get some racking done, and start of a kit as well....
    But my hydrometer broke
    Nowt will get done now till at least Wednesday, till I can get to my local HBS
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Bank holiday today, so am taking the time to do some tidying up of the cellar and racking. I have a new barrel coming (hopefully) on Wednesday, so I needed to de-clutter to make room.
      Steve

Comment

• Racked my Belgian Beer; Forget Me Malts, so called because I forgot to order in the malts for a different brew so I decided to cobble one together.

Measured the SG. 1.010. Pretty dry for only 4 days in the fermenter. I'm hoping it will top out at 1.008. Very dry but I hope that it will work well with the Belgian Yeast Profile.

I also top racked the yeast. I'm in the process of washing it right now, so I'll see how it goes. The plan is to bottle in 2 weeks and then prime with sugar and some fresh yeast.
        Last edited by koomber; 19-01-2011, 08:57 PM.
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

• Checked my 1st Wine No 1 and topped it up, looks like a ruby-red
          Alka-Seltzer going on in there. This is good. Had to celebrate seeing this with a glass of Port.
          Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Started a solitairy gallon of lychee to see if I like it before doing a big batch.

Comment

• I managed to do some racking at last and got a little taste of my first Wine No.2 thats finished clearing. It is a RGJ and Blueberry and shows great promise. The plan is to age for 3-4 months before bottling. I've figured that leaving in the DJ will stop me from drinking it too early.

More of the same tonight as I've a Wine No.1 WGJ and Orange that has been clear for more than a week.

Comment

• 2x No,1 finally bubbling away very nicely whilst sat by the fire, been fermenting for a week already (cold fermenting due to weaather). Please, what is wine N0.2?

Can I double up on main juice, i.e. cherry juice, in a No.1 to give a better cherry taste?

Comment

• Originally posted by tribalfather View Post
                  Please, what is wine N0.2?
                  Wine No.2 is in the forums New Winemakers section and is a medium sweet red table wine. Just click on the link below.

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=1614

Rob

Comment

• thank you very much, looks interesting, could be next batch

Comment

• Wine number 2 is lovely... for me is it more of a rose wine though
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• 10 gallon wine no1 started.

Comment

• There is of course a recipe tax on this......

20%.....you owe me 12 bottles!.....bring them to the Brouwland trip....I will happily share them with everyone
                          Last edited by lockwood1956; 20-01-2011, 10:07 PM.
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• 20% recipe tax, 5% being given the empty bottles tax, 25% my old next door neighbour feeds my cat every time I go the squadron leaders for the weekend tax, and once it's finished I'm planning to do the elderberry kit sweetening with 3 galons of it.

My wine no1 just started and is finished already

Comment

• Racked off 2x1 gallon batches tonight (Chablis Blush and Strawberry No.1). Got all my grains weighed out for a double brewday tomorrow - Celtic Stout and a prototype version of my new 'Grapefest Guzzler' Ale. Should be interesting!
                              "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• OK then.....I'll settle for one bottle
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X