Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottling 10 gal Riesling and 5 gal Grenache tomorrow for my in-laws.
    Steve

Comment

• Nothing happening in my winery today.......

judging at the National

whoo hoo
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Last night was bottling IPA and Bitter

tonight am disgorging sparkly for YFAWB competition in May
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Cleaning up an old electric motor which will drive my homemade apple scratter. Wish I could find out how fast it goes though (RPM). Not many clues and interweb thingy not very helpful.
          Last edited by SiSandrine; 20-04-2011, 08:41 PM. Reason: Typo
          Simon
          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Nothing going on in my winery except some tidying up. We are having 16 people at the house for Easter dinner, and I want them to think I run a clean winery, even if it isn't most of the time.
            Steve

Comment

• After not putting any wine on for a while, I've started a gallon of apple&cherry, 2 litre bottle of juice from Tesco. Also got some more juice to make a gallon of #1 with gooseberries.

Comment

• Last month i started two gallons of pearl barley wine
                and last week i started two gallons of wine.

Comment

• Mark g, how's the maple syrup wine coming along?

Today, I've studied the growing pile of empty bottles in the garage, and moved a few around. I really need to sort them out into a neater pile. I'm planning a big bottling day before GF11 to clear the carboys out.

I filtered 5 gallon of gooseberry #1 and a port kit, Minijet appears to be failing, leaking from the motor rear seal, and sounding unhealthy.

Then I bottled the Kenridge port that's been sitting in a square BetterBottle for a while. Sneaky taste too, very good so far! The gooseberry will have to wait for another day.

Comment

• SMS finger trouble ...

... all quiet in my shack. Currently teaching someone to make prune wine, all instructions being sent via text/SMS. Which gets interesting when his finger trouble turns 1005 into 1050. Luckily I can spot that kind of bad texting. Might have to see if there is a forum for winemaking phone short-text.

Comment

• Made a No1 wine a few days ago,and now its dropped to SG1015 added 1/2 a gallon of Oak leaves to it, (late addition),,will be interesting to see how it turns out???
                      Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Started two wine's today
                        one gallon of sloe berry and one gallon of orange cordaid & honey wine
                        they are fermenting very well

Comment

• Bottle sorting day day. Bags of empty bottles neatly arranged into boxes. At last I can get round to the rest of the wine rack now and see what I have to drink. Also brewing a stout for the winter. My summer light ale will be later in the week.

Comment

• Rich, hows the cherry port coming along? I'm looking forward to trying it in September if I'm still allowed to come to GF
                            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Hope you're coming to GF11!

Cherry port coming along ok I think. Will get it racked off again this week and test. The last bit of syrup feeding may have left it a little sweet.

Did you make any this year?
                              Last edited by Rich; 02-05-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Got my WE Blackberry Port kit on the go over the weekend.

That reminds me - must check the Black Cherry Port.
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X