This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Steve, Nobody has as much energy as Bob
      I thought I was overdoing it with 22 bottles but there you go.

Comment

• Thats 49 of my 50 main show entries bottled.....and 12 VWC entries done.

still to decide what to enter in class 12....(fresh grape)

Will potter around the winery after work tomorrow with my turkey baster and glass, and decide which one.
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Moved house around 2 months ago and have had a serious amount of man tasks to sort out so theres been no room for wining on. Although I did manage to get a 6 gallon wine 1 going the other day as my wine stocks have been demolished so thought I best get fermenting!

I'm yet to post a gloat as my new house has a cellar I've managed to squeeze in time to aquire some racking for tools/wine and sort a bit of the cellar out. Its currently a bit of a dumping ground but I hope to post pics soon once I get it sorted out.

On the down side it has been tanked out at some point but humidity is high (around 85% on a dry day and 93% this morning!) so a dehumidifier will be finding a home down there.

It also has a power socket\lighting and a radiator! Although the radiator could be dangerous due to temp changes so its been turned off for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by robwrx View Post
            I would be happy to bring your bottles back as far as North Dorset. I am only 10 mins from Wincanton if you fancied a trip up the A30 /A303.

Rob
            Thats a kind offer, could somebody pm me how the pallet would be split and the costs? I'd need to see if its justifiable.

Comment

• As many as you like - green bordeaux. £5 dozen. BNNIB.
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Once i've added my fuel to the price its a no-goer i'm afraid.

Comment

• I have started two gallons of orange & carrot juice wine
                  it's fermenting very well

Comment

• Entertained Koomber tonight (cups of tea for him, wine for me! hic)

Palmed him off with some bottles of wine, discussed holding a beer night/bbq in August.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Entertained Koomber tonight (cups of tea for him, wine for me! hic)

Palmed him off with some bottles of wine, discussed holding a beer night/bbq in August.
                      Dry hopped my Indian Blonde Ale (like a pale ale, only paler).
                      Ruminated about the BBQBeerfest in August. Thinking about what beers to brew. Thinking about some monster Pale Ales and something 'Traditional' But no stouts or porters.
                      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                      -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
                        ....Ruminated about the BBQBeerfest in August.....
                        What about an OSH brew off! Judging to start while the barby get hot?
                        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                          What about an OSH brew off! Judging to start while the barby get hot?
                          Hmm. That could be an interesting idea. Maybe not an OSH though. Could be pretty messy too. I think the smallest container of booze I'm liable to take is a 9L Cornie!

I do like the sound of crowning a champion beer though!

Westhill Homebrew BeerFest 2011.
                          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                          -Police Squad

Comment

• Old speckled Hen is a bit big I suppose for a lot of supping.

One bottle per entrant, Best you can make Old speckled hen. Judged to wine standards perhaps. Winner has to drink from a 9 litre corny?

Comment

• Not much - still consolidating what I have already made, trying to make some space for Ltd Ed kits and Grapefest

Blackberry Port is reaching terminal SG. Ordered ingredients for 3 more gals of Beer No.1.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Simply mixing up some fresh k-meta for adding to some wines tomorrow and thinking about what to do next.
                                Simon
                                "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
                                X