Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a plan - a 'Don't bring a bottle' party.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
      My wine is gridlocked - I have no room, so until I do some serious drinking I can't bottle anything, nor start anything else
      I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have 34 carboys, and 33 are being used. While that might sound like a good thing, it's not so good when it comes to racking.
      Steve

Comment

• I have 40 pints of Yorkshire bitter to barrel. Not sure if its ready yet, will have to check SG. It's been 8 days but my house seems to have really cooled off this last week and it's still blipping away!
        Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Sounds like a plan - a 'Don't bring a bottle' party.
          So shall we start Friday night and see how long your supplies last?
          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post

Tried that before at Pete's place. Make sure you have someone to drive you home on Sunday..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Tried that before at Pete's place. Make sure you have someone to drive you home on Sunday..

SUNDAY????? What lightweights, I was planning on lasting until Tuesday at the earliest...
              (I'm on holiday next week )
              HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post

It depends whether you want to drink the carboys. If so, I'll need to get some extra-long straws.
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• I am just about to destalk a bag full of elderberry's
                  Then, I will have to move stuff around in the freezer, to get them all in
                  I really want to be doing something much more productive
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• A little blending for me, I am providing the red dry table wine for the Friday evening meal main course at the National Guild of Wine & Beer Judges AGM this coming weekend.
                    Ooooo no pressure, 70 or more National wine judges will be tasting.
                    I made a tweaked concentrate kit last year that used 3 out of date 1 gal Barolo concentrate bags, I added 1kilo of sun maid raisins & 500g of previously frozen (2008) Grenach grape skins which produced a rather high alcohol, low tannin red.
                    I have this evening blendid this with a 1 gallon of massively tannic 2007 Montipulciano, the result is fantastic. I'll try to save some for Grapefest 2010
                    Discount Home Brew Supplies
                    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Cant wait to try it on Friday
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I have many wines that are ready to be racked this evening. I've been putting it off because I only have one carboy to spare, and it will be a long night of racking, washing, racking, washing, etc.

However, looking at the bright side, I don't expect to have an army of soiled carboys awaiting the scrub brush at the end of the night. There's nothing worse than that.
                        Steve

Comment

• Racked the orange wine, tasted, seems very gassy and a bit hot. (made before I started using the hydrometer)

About to rack the Green Tea and Ginger & the Redcurrant and Red grape
                          With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• i have 25litres of elderberry to tweek some how before bottling and a bag of sugar beets to put through the garden shredder and then the fermenters
                            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Nothing - apart from trying to find a source for 4kg of frozen blackberries so I can get my elderberry/blackberry concoction underway, thereby clearing room in the freezer
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

Nothing - apart from trying to find a source for 4kg of frozen blackberries so I can get my elderberry/blackberry concoction underway, thereby clearing room in the freezer
                                I picked about this much last year.
                                But this year, I didn't do too well on the picking
                                I think I only have about 2kg... so I wont have as much elderberry/blackberry myself this year either
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X