Coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence?

The council have been delivering new-fangled wheelie-bins for recyclables (an unpopular move around here).

At the same time there was an APACHE HELICOPTER GUNSHIP circling my part of the town.

Some may say this was a coincidence - I say this was a complete overreaction by the council, and a scandalous waste of our council tax. The wheelie bins are unpopular, but really ....
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

They started doing the wheelie-bins in our city about 7-8 years ago. All recyclables in a single bin. Prior to that, we had to put glass in one bin, tins in another, cardboard/paper in another. What a pain... so many bins!

After all that rigmarole, I am a wheelie-bin convert!
    Steve

Comment

I think it may have been they had heard about Pete the wheely good winemaker and were checking to see if you were fermenting in it rather than recycling

Got to admit I wasn't keen on the extra bins and all the seperating of rubbish, but have got used to it.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Pete!

Just because you are paranoid................doesn't mean people AREN'T talking about you
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Gee, I could use a wheelie bin for recycling. We have to take ours to the local firestation and sort into a dumpster type recepticle.
          Hootus est

Comment

I think the wheelie bins are a great idea. Animals aren't tearing at plastic bage and they're easier to manoeuvre; especially now that mrs.wisp has to put the bins out rather than myself [as I'm relatively immobile].

We have three; one for garden waste, the second for non-recyclable household waste and the third for recycling. They are tidy and easy to keep clean.
            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
            Groucho Marx

Comment

... but did the council have air cover when they delivered them?
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

How many litres do the wheeleie bins hold? Are they HDPE? ... Hmm. Which part of town?

Only kidding!
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                X