Sulphiting caravans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sulphiting caravans

Does anyone have a recipe? I am using 10ml pot met in 5 litres. Didn't think the citric acid would be necessary.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    Does anyone have a recipe? I am using 10ml pot met in 5 litres. Didn't think the citric acid would be necessary.
    Sulphiting caravans, baking wine, have you been on the vino?
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

or you could sell it for £100 as a tea shelter on a building site!

I'm intruiged, what do you mean by Sulphiting caravans?
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!â€
      Groucho Marx

Comment

I used to sulphite my caravan, but then I bought a proper 5 gal fermenting vessel
        Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

a caravan would leak as well
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!â€
          Groucho Marx

Comment

You're OK until you hit 1.020 - then put the must into DJs/fermenters/buckets with an air lock!

;O)

Comment

Personally I would sanitise a caravan with about 10 litres of petrol and a box of matches.

This method has the added benefit of removing one of the cursed things from the roads
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                Personally I would sanitise a caravan with about 10 litres of petrol and a box of matches.

This method has the added benefit of removing one of the cursed things from the roads
                Is your real name Jeremy Clarkson ?
                National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

How can I be Jeremy Clarkson AND The Stig?
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Thanks everyone - I have really enjoyed the responses.
                    Now for the boring bit. When you put your caravan to bed for the winter, you drain the water off to stop it freezing. Modern vans have internal tanks, three pumps, showers and god know how many little places for water to collect in and go nasty.

Not the sort of stuff you want to be drinking or even washing in. Seasoned campers suggest 'never drink the water from the tap' for this reason.

So i used line cleaner first (caustic). RInsed with citric acid (to clear the caustic) and finally for my first 'fill' of the season i used a pot met solution 10ml to 5 litres of water. Worked a treat.

Next step to pipe the red wine up.......hmm. theres a thought!
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      Thanks everyone - I have really enjoyed the responses.
                      Now for the boring bit.
                      Agreed!!!

Try the Caravan Club web site LMFAO
                      Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Working...
                      X