Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labels

Just wondering about how you chaps label your wines/beers?

Up till now most of the stuff I've made has been....interesting and quickly drunk but a few recent successes have got me planning labeling up a few of my drams.

Do you chaps go for a simple information or do you use it as a dress-up for the bottle? Does anyone care to share some of their designs?

On a similar subject have any of you chaps named your winery/brewery? How did you arrive at the name?
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

SunnyCrest winery (it is the name of the house)

my labelling i9s plain and simple, I think it works better.

I used to do very elaborate labels, but got fed up of that.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

grumpy wines. as iam often called mr grumpy by wife. keep it simple on sticky labels as they dont fall off but do come off with a soak
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

name of wine, date started, ABV. if the bottle goes out as a gift then it gets a buff up, label with "house" name, a picture on it (and the info above), heat shrink neck and if its a quirky wine it may get some notes too!
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Courtyard Winery as i live in Thomas Court.

I have actually a nice design that if I'm giving my wines away I'll label up with.

Funny you should ask as yesterday for myself I purchased these

They will be used for my own wines the stuff I'm keeping for myself.

Generally I enter the type of wine it is, whether it's dry, medium etc and the year. I'm going to start putting the alcohol content on as part of my new I must take proper notes program, as kicked into gear by Rich
          With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

I've recently bought some 19mm round sticky labels. They fit very nicely on the top of a shrink cap. You have to write small, or in code. But, I can see what they are without taking them off the wine rack. The label also comes off with shrink wrap then.

ukric, congrats o nthe note taking.. maybe I'll soon practive what I preach..

Comment

until recently , i have only ever used these.

you down load the pdf file write what you want in the text areas and print off your own versions

Make your own personal and professional full color labels for wine, liquor and fine liqueur bottles. FreeLabelMaker is the first in the world to provide a variety of labels for all occasions. Nothing looks as great as your own personalized labels on a bottle. Talented artists around the world have provided beautiful labels for you, […]

and as it says FREE LABEL MAKER
              Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

I only put nice labels on ones I'm giving away. Everything else just gets a small nondescript label so I know what's in the bottle.

A few of my nicer labels...

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
                  .... my new I must take proper notes program, as kicked into gear by Rich

Rich - pots and kettles spring to mind

ukric - I use the same size labels, supposedly easy-peel labels (which aren't).

I use the name Full Metal Pelvis (one of our cats has an aluminium plate in there).
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post

Rich - pots and kettles spring to mind

I've got all my used post it notes in one place now. I might even write them up on a bigger bit of paper..

Comment

did you see this tutorial?

stick the labels on with milk (yes milk) and they come off easily
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Nice Lables Steve, what software do you use?
                        I think professional looking lables really finish the job but what pees me off is when a little wine runs down the bottle or you get a splash of water and the ink on the lable runs
                        Is this just the Epson cartridges which I use or do they all do it, anyone know?

Comment

Ink jet printers ink will run. Laser printers ink doesn't, as far as I know. Photocopied ink doesn't run either.

Comment

Thanks Rich.

Comment

You can buy a lacquer to spray on them which helps too..staples do it I believe
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X