Getting around a little.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting around a little.......

Yesterday was very interesting, 2 vineyards in 1 day.

I had to go here to collect a truck load, and take it to a place in Kent (Gusbourne Vineyard - but no website yet). then take some back the other way.

All white sparkling stuff. Both vineyards have won prizes and as far as I can find out, both make some damn good stuff.

A nice peak into the world of "Professional" wine, and damn nice people at both ends to boot.......

A good day was had.....

regards

jtfb

p.s. and with me in it and a full tank of diesel, my tractor unit weighs 8580kg - just thought you'd like to know
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Oh, and while having a nose at the first place, I did notice that for sanitising/sulphiting, they use exclusively "Potassium Metabisulfite", and not the Sodium equivalent.

When I asked about that, the explanation was that, with K met, if you make a bit of a balls up, you're less likely to get a metallic/salt like after taste with it.

Yes, it's fair to say that with a commercial set up, such a mistake could probably be blended out (they've got lots to "spare") but I thought it's worth remembering that and to see where, and how much, it's gonna cost me for K met, instead of Na Met.......

Just thought I'd mention it......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Last time we enquired at my work it was something like 10x the difference in cost for K met Vs Na Met. I'll pop the purchasing chappy an email and find out from him. Taht being said, suppliers for chemicals to my work supply in tonnes not individual sacks so that is probably one of the reasons why it cost so much. In general though K Met is way more expensive.

Fun fact for today: The oil industry goes through huge amounts of Na Met as it is used to remove oxygen from water when they flood pipelines during installation. If you can convince the service companies to use K Met instead then you might see a reduction in cost!
      Last edited by koomber; 12-06-2010, 12:01 PM. Reason: I'm a spud.
      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
      -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
        Last time we enquired at my work it was something like 10x the difference in cost for K met Vs Na Met. I'll pop the purchasing chappy an email and find out from him. Taht being said, suppliers for chemicals to my work supply in tonnes not individual sacks so that is probably one of the reasons why it cost so much. In general though K Met is way more expensive.

Fun fact for today: The oil industry goes through huge amounts of Na Met as it is used to remove oxygen from water when they flood pipelines during installation. If you can convince the service companies to use K Met instead then you might see a reduction in cost!
        It might be said that with that in mind, that I'd be screwed but there's a "nodding donkey" over at Storrington - though they installed that one a good few years ago......

Apart from that, it's what I don't understand, that if it is actually better to use, why it is that Na Met is forced on us with the "it's just as good" excuse...

regards

jtfb

p.s. and yes I knew about it being dearer, though when I last looked it was coming out at about 4X the price of Na Met....

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
        X